New computer

Light

2 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Performance difference. This might further explains more.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-1060-vs-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti

To cut down, you do not really need a 750w PSU as a 650w is more than enough. 16gb ram is fine.

Usually I would just need a ssd for quicker access of files and boot time. Therefore I went with a smaller sized ssd and a hdd for storage.

I removed the 1050 ti if you look one post above, the 650w and 750w is about 10-10$ difference, shouldnt be an issue to buy it. but if there is, and ill switch to 650w.

2 minutes ago, Shudsy said:

if you're going for that cpu cooler and a msi card i really hope you're planning on overclocking both

dont think I dare to, if i now buy them

I have the 6500k, with a hyper 212 evo. I have not even tried or needed to over clock the cpu, i get 300 fps on csgo which is obviously plenty. I also have 2 GTX 770's in SLI which are power hungry AF, and have a 750 W power supply. dont skimp on the power supply, but I have cheap ass 30$ 8 gb of ram. I also only have a 256 gb SSD and still havent used it fully after over 6 months. Hope that gives you insight

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dirtydartt said:

I have the 6500k, with a hyper 212 evo. I have not even tried or needed to over clock the cpu, i get 300 fps on csgo which is obviously plenty. I also have 2 GTX 770's in SLI which are power hungry AF, and have a 750 W power supply. dont skimp on the power supply, but I have cheap ass 30$ 8 gb of ram. I also only have a 256 gb SSD and still havent used it fully after over 6 months. Hope that gives you insight

why would u ever not try to OC you cpu? You're buying a cpu fan that is literally the definition of a cheap overclocking fan. You're just wasting money if you don't do it.

You can easily buy something like a I5-4690k and OC it to 4.5 ghz and it'll beat a non OC'd I7

1 hour ago, Shudsy said:

why would u ever not try to OC you cpu? You're buying a cpu fan that is literally the definition of a cheap overclocking fan. You're just wasting money if you don't do it.

You can easily buy something like a I5-4690k and OC it to 4.5 ghz and it'll beat a non OC'd I7

well first off, i have a DDR 4 setup so i believe i couldn't use a 4690k if im not mistaken, and I don't want to void the warranty, and I can get extra performance out of the cpu at the end of its lifespan if i wait. I don't really have any reason to OC now since I only play H1, csgo and rs atm.