Easy way to detect bots - don't do this scripters

Reveance

4 hours ago, Adept said:

What about the impact on resources? Will frequent use of gRandom instead of random lead to a drastic increase in CPU usage due to more computations?

Just did a little benchmark, one million iterations of each. The time it took to do regular random was 50ms, whereas the other method took about 200ms. So it does cost more..but as this method would mostly be used in conjunction with sleeps, I really wouldn't worry about it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alek said:

No shit, it's middle/high school math. Also I have no idea why people are so hard set on randomizing everything; people can perform pretty repetitive tasks like high alching. 

That could be, but I didn't hear of it before and it might make some people here realize this too. For me personally I randomize a lot because it's pretty much the next best thing I can do right now since the bot never misses a click on anything. But yeah obviously not everything should be randomized...all people have habits but there's always randomness involved tho.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alek said:

No shit, it's middle/high school math. Also I have no idea why people are so hard set on randomizing everything; people can perform pretty repetitive tasks like high alching. 

Obviously anything you do will never be truly randomized as people are creatures of habit but there are always exaggerated differences in how the bot interacts with the game in comparison. I have to wonder what you suspect jagex does to detect bots besides client based detection? You seem to really be uninterested in most types of peoples ideas for creating 'anti-ban.'