SMS Updates?

Chef Sk1llz

1 minute ago, Howest said:

Yeah my friend has a ' smart house ' he can controll anything linked to the domotica in his home, from his Phone.

Also going to look into java & PhP some more; has been way too long, if you have any guides/guidelines/tutorials/books you can recommend, I'd be grateful.

You can look at my latest thread as a reference. It's OBS based with PHP.

Yeah, you can buy smart home shit, Samsung, among other companies. Or you can build it yourself. :doge: 

Just now, BrainDeadGenius said:

You can look at my latest thread as a reference. It's OBS based with PHP.

Yeah, you can buy smart home shit, Samsung, among other companies. Or you can build it yourself. :doge: 

Yeah thanks for that, really nice thread.

That part of PhP, OOP etc I get/understand; just want to extend knowledge to make more complex applications.

Yeah he wrote himself, he's a software engineer ^^ 

2 minutes ago, Howest said:

Yeah thanks for that, really nice thread.

That part of PhP, OOP etc I get/understand; just want to extend knowledge to make more complex applications.

Yeah he wrote himself, he's a software engineer ^^ 

You can use it to return data or to send data. I use it for both, that way the user can be updated of the status of the query. From there, it's just processing with Java that needs to be done.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BrainDeadGenius said:

I didn't even think of that aspect. Email updates would be far easier, but less likely to be noticed immediately.

That's the only hard part of it. The rest is essentially store encrypted phone numbers in a db, have the script query based on OSB name with the text to be sent. (that's how i'd do it for a multi-script api)

3 minutes ago, Polymorphism said:

That's the only hard part of it. The rest is essentially store encrypted phone numbers in a db, have the script query based on OSB name with the text to be sent. (that's how i'd do it for a multi-script api)

Email updates would be easy. They would just need to provide their email.