Suggestions for buying large quantities of proxies

Admiralandy12

-solved, read below-
Ive noticed proxies usually run around $2-3 per proxy for small quantities and ive purchased some from suppliers here on osbot, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a reliable place to get larger quantities for a good discount. Say around 50 or more. I've found some sites that seem to be extraordinarily cheap but tbh they seem sketchy and the english is always horrible. I'm looking into hosting my own proxies since i have a sever of my own, but i would rather buy them for the right price if I can find it. Not sure if this is another one of those things people dont like to tell others or not so forgive me if that is the case. Thanks!

Edited by Admiralandy12

As a I.T. systems admin perhaps i can help clear some things up here. Generally speaking a proxy is just a computer that routes your traffic through its external IP address. So each account is running on a server. a normal setup for this is to sell 1 ip per server you rent. which is why the cheap proxies are around $2 - $3 they are just little boxes in a data center hosted with 1 vcore & 64mb or ram. Any site that is selling group proxies in bulk is doing 1 or 2 things. Reselling Proxy space on top of VPS servers they already use, (in most cases for criminal activity.) OR the "Proxies" are forwarded ips from a botnet used for spam or some other hacker task. Mostly hosted from peoples own computers and can go down at a moments notice.

This is why the only bulk sellers you can find are sites written in poor english using currencies you don't recognize. To be honest bulk ip purchases just don't happen for normal people you need to be a server farm or ISP to get that many public ip addresses.

My suggestion is head over to lowendbox check out their deals and find something for your budget. Buy a box use it till i gets blacklisted by jagex get another one. Rinse, Repeat

As a I.T. systems admin perhaps i can help clear some things up here. Generally speaking a proxy is just a computer that routes your traffic through its external IP address. So each account is running on a server. a normal setup for this is to sell 1 ip per server you rent. which is why the cheap proxies are around $2 - $3 they are just little boxes in a data center hosted with 1 vcore & 64mb or ram. Any site that is selling group proxies in bulk is doing 1 or 2 things. Reselling Proxy space on top of VPS servers they already use, (in most cases for criminal activity.) OR the "Proxies" are forwarded ips from a botnet used for spam or some other hacker task. Mostly hosted from peoples own computers and can go down at a moments notice.

This is why the only bulk sellers you can find are sites written in poor english using currencies you don't recognize. To be honest bulk ip purchases just don't happen for normal people you need to be a server farm or ISP to get that many public ip addresses.

My suggestion is head over to lowendbox check out their deals and find something for your budget. Buy a box use it till i gets blacklisted by jagex get another one. Rinse, Repeat

You are right about the russian botnets selling sock5 proxies.

However you are dead wrong about the resources required, creating a sock5 proxy is almost nothing in processing power and you could run 20+ on a standard 512mb box. The issue is finding a legitimate supplier who can sell you more than 8 ip addresses on a single box which you can't do without a valid reason (ICANN's rule I believe).

Most cheaper suppliers (~$1) will be using illegitimate connections, attaching to other slaves or simply reselling the same I.P with different information, or finding a bulk amount of weird located ips such as Romania.

You are right about the russian botnets selling sock5 proxies.

However you are dead wrong about the resources required, creating a sock5 proxy is almost nothing in processing power and you could run 20+ on a standard 512mb box. The issue is finding a legitimate supplier who can sell you more than 8 ip addresses on a single box which you can't do without a valid reason (ICANN's rule I believe).

Most cheaper suppliers (~$1) will be using illegitimate connections, attaching to other slaves or simply reselling the same I.P with different information, or finding a bulk amount of weird located ips such as Romania.

I only mentioned the specs just to say that people who rent you a proxy are most likely just re-selling a vps they rented. and it will all use the same public ip for a 64mb machine. which as you said could host more.

Edited by DocMatson

thank you guys, i spent a bit of today researching and did end up figuring out what you have said, that there is a total of around 4 billion ipv4 addresses in the world and you must buy them in order to use/host them as a proxy, and normally it is only 1 address per server. Would be nice if ipv6 addresses became the new norm since there is apparently 340 "undecillion" possible ipv6 addresses, but that will prolly be a while. Ive read on another forum that some people will purchase private proxy lists that change daily, and only users who have purchased access can use. It is much much cheaper to bot with, but the uptime is unreliable and though the chance is unlikely, its possible others use them for botting. This is probably what those cheap websites i was talking about were doing. Thanks for the assistance, ill probably end up using 2-3 bots per proxy since my ban rates are very low (havent  been banned yet on any of them after 2 weeks), and buy them from trusted users here such as xylate. I hope this helps others who search the forum with the same questions i had smile.png

Edited by Admiralandy12