Minimizing bans during development

sfrazi11

Hey guys, 

New to the community and the API. I wrote a bunch of scripts in the last week but ended up getting banned after a few days of coding. I am worried about getting an IP ban if I continue. What are some good precautions I can take to minimize being banned or at the very least what are some ways to protect my IP so I can continue to write scripts?

Edited by sfrazi11

Hey guys, 

New to the community and the API. I wrote a bunch of scripts in the last week but ended up getting banned after a few days of coding. I am worried about getting an IP ban if I continue. What are some good precautions I can take to minimize being banned or at the very least what are some ways to protect my IP so I can continue to write scripts?

I have about 5 accounts which I use for script testing, I started scripting end of december last year so they are a good 2 months old now.

None of em are banned yet.

So either I'm lucky or you are miss-doing something lol.

I have about 5 accounts which I use for script testing, I started scripting end of december last year so they are a good 2 months old now.

None of em are banned yet.

So either I'm lucky or you are miss-doing something lol.

That is what I am trying to figure out. The only "security" measure I added was a random sleep method after every task.