Advice on steam

Cooper1992

Hi,

Decided to quit osrs and downloaded steam for my first time, i downloaded one game like 15 hours ago and it was really fast, now i've been trying to download rome 2 total war for the past 10 hours or so and it's only 2.5gb done out of 12.5gb. My download speed is 1.6mb/s on a download speed checker. This download is only maximum going up to 200kb/s and if i use something like this or youtube then it drops down to like 30kb/s. Surely there is something I'm missing? anyone with any knowledge about this would be great, thanks.

Sometimes the server that the game is being downloaded from has a limiter on it. There's not much you can do.

I've checked the settings tab, and made sure there is no bandwidth limit, also tried using other server locations around the world. No change at all whatsoever, seriously driving me nuts right now. Thanks for the reply though, I will keep pusuing a solution.

Im not sure but maybe if to many people downlaod same thing same time than it can be slower bit. I remember when L2D was free 2 days? or something that and people just download it and it was so slow and sometimes steam page was down lol. So it depends your internet and also how much download the same game.

Also you can close you all programs (skype etc)

Im not sure but maybe if to many people downlaod same thing same time than it can be slower bit. I remember when L2D was free 2 days? or something that and people just download it and it was so slow and sometimes steam page was down lol. So it depends your internet and also how much download the same game.

Also you can close you all programs (skype etc)

I only downloaded steam last night so No not sure what L2D is, but I think you are right when you said its the amount of people downloading it at the same time, been googling for a while now on this topic. Thanks for the reply.