annnnd I'm back

KyivDrifting

Hey folks,

I've been active in the runescape and osrs botting community off and on over the years, as I expect many regulars on this forum have. Sometimes I've seen good success and sometimes it's just been a bout of failures and rage quitting. I'm looking to try again and would love to try to do things right. 

If you all don't mind, I'd appreciate some help with a couple questions/ideas.

To begin, I was thinking of running the osbot client from a server. Should I both setting up VPNs for the botting clients? I'm worried about chain bans but some of the guides advise against VPN use. Do we have any experience with this and preferences, best practices atm?

Detection: I know anti-cheat will always be an issue. Beyond that, I remember a time in which if you could avoid your bot from being reported, the chances of getting caught were extremely low. Resultantly, accounts that botted dead/obscure content had a pretty good lifespan. Do you all feel like this is still the case/large factor? 

Activity: The guides say something very low like 10 hours a week on an account which is obviously lower than most of us would like. It's obviously a good metric if the question is: "How do I completely avoid getting banned." In the world of botting, there's just a fact that many if not all accounts will eventually get caught so it's a matter of finding the best balance between use/profit and getting the death sentence. How long do you all usually bot on your accounts? How long do they typically last with your system?

Script recommendations: Are there any scripts that really stand out for you personally? In my mind, I wanted to just invest in some simple combat scripts for now and focus on training up some accounts in some obscure locations to try and get them ready\established for better botting opportunities like Zulrah or the like. Does this sound like a good idea? Are there some activities that you guys feel "Man, everybody should try this out"?

Thanks for the wisdom guys. This should be a fun attempt!

Hey welcome back, 

If your looking to use a VPS I would suggest that you only need a static residential proxy for each of your Characters, 

I personally would refrain from linking all my characters to one jagex account as in the future that could cause a decent amount of chain bans. Keep them separate, 

To avoid detection dress, skill and play like a normal player, have a schedule where you would mix up skills rather then just suiciding one to 99. 

And the scripts depend on your goal to be honest, but you could start with stealth Quester, an AIO Fighter from there you can look into skilling scripts, but like I said depends on your goal.