VPN as safe as using a proxy?

lewis1828

Hi,

I use ExpressVPN to mask my real IP address when using scripts. Is this just as safe as using a proxy or should i be using one of them? My only concern is the risk my main could get banned (even though the accounts aren't linked at all - trading etc). Can someone tell me if i should be using a proxy instead to reduce this risk?

Thanks

Don't bot on anything you're not willing to lose. 

"I use ExpressVPN to mask my real IP address when using scripts. Is this just as safe as using a proxy or should i be using one of them?"

• You don't need proxies, you're not running a farm (or are you?) 
  • You need to make sure you're getting brand new proxies or else you could be running ones that have been flagged and burnt before - added chances of being banned imo
  • Proxies will not reduce the risk of being banned - if you run scripts, there's always a chance you could be flagged, reviewed and punished. 

2 hours ago, lewis1828 said:

Only one account at the moment but just want to make sure the VPN i use covers my actual IP like a proxy would?

Irrespective. You could tunnel your entire connection through a vpn or you could be using a proxy but you still face the account being banned if you are flagged as macroing.