Can this GPU be overclocked?

HuluWarrior

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-Support-08G-P4-5173-KR/dp/B01I60OGUK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502985093&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx%2B1070&th=1

I bought it @ boost clock however wondering if because it's already 'real boost' can I manually overclock it later on when it arrived?

2addbe67ca1098d452ca98113b95e8d9.png

Just now, Arctic said:

Yes.

Just now, IDontEvenBot said:

Yeah you can overclock it yourself. This just means that it came slightly overclocked from the factory already.

Thanks for the replies!

Is it silly to buy one which is overclocked from the factory? or does it make normal overclocking easier later on if it's already done to a extent?

2 minutes ago, HuluWarrior said:

Thanks for the replies!

Is it silly to buy one which is overclocked from the factory? or does it make normal overclocking easier later on if it's already done to a extent?

Typically people believe the ones that are already overclocked are the better binned cards and the one's that did not overclock as well are sold at lower frequencies. They are all roughly the same though.

35 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I have 5 overclocked right now. Having some issues overclocking core clock but I think it's due to overheating.

I just bumped the memory clock up 500MHz and have been getting the best consistent results without crashing for mining. Might push to 700.

Do you use them for your mining BTC?

6 minutes ago, HuluWarrior said:

stop hunting for post count

and to increase it's performance

people hunt for post count in the introductions. they also are found gravedigging threads for more posts. i however have contributed to each post i've answered today. hop off my dick

Edited by superuser

6 minutes ago, HuluWarrior said:

stop hunting for post count

and to increase it's performance

imo you shouldnt buy a SC (superclocked) or OC (overclocked) GPU's this can be easy done by yourself. spend some time (an hour?) in reading how to overclock stable and do it yourself.

when you overclock just watch the temps of your room/case carefully and you should be fine if you know how to overclock.