Can't open client (windows)

connordom

Right, very first thing, I'm definitely not what you'd call computer savvy, I know how to play Runescape and stream movies, that's about it..

I tried updating my Java and that didn't seem to help. Basically when i hit 'download' on the site, my downloads bar pops up and it downloads. good. but when i actually go into my downloads and try to open, i just get an 'open/save/save as' choice, and all that does is duplicate the file and give it a (1) or (2) etc

If there is an easy fix for this, thank god, but simple instructions please smile.png

Right, very first thing, I'm definitely not what you'd call computer savvy, I know how to play Runescape and stream movies, that's about it..

I tried updating my Java and that didn't seem to help. Basically when i hit 'download' on the site, my downloads bar pops up and it downloads. good. but when i actually go into my downloads and try to open, i just get an 'open/save/save as' choice, and all that does is duplicate the file and give it a (1) or (2) etc

If there is an easy fix for this, thank god, but simple instructions please smile.png

Too vague. Explain what do you mean by you can't open client?

Check if you have latest java and should delete old versions of java.

Download jarfix. http://johann.loefflmann.net/en/software/jarfix/index.html

I am getting the exact same problem and it is driving me nuts...  I followed the steps at the beginning. When you click download it downloads the file at the bottom left but it is downloaded as a internet explorer file or something and wont let you open it. I have looked at half a dozen videos and they can always just click download, it downloads, they click the download and there is the client. Not for me. Also, I have TRIPLE checked that I have java downloaded and updated correctly. Any help on this thread would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks alot,

JustinT