Setting up OsBot on a Mac with Outdated Java.

Freewalk

Firstly I noticed when I tried using OsBot for the first time I didn't come across any tutorials on how to set up OsBot on a Mac.

So I had a bit of trouble setting it up at first and it was alot harder than I expected, but nothing too crazy.  Anyways I hope this helps

anyone who is having trouble getting started on OsBot on a mac.

Installing / Updating Java Requirements

​To run OsBot correctly you need to have your Mac updated with the latest version of Java JDK.  Unfortunately for macs specific models (mostly older ones) wont let you install new java updates do to java making the latest java updates for newer OS X's.  But this can be done manually which is what you need to do to run OsBot.  Before I figured out how to update my java I would run OsBot and it would stay blank, and wouldn't let me load RS07's Client within it.

3PZES.png

Ok so step one you wanna go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html and download the latest version of Java JDK for Mac OS X.

3PZHU.png

While thats downloading go ahead and get yourself a program called Pacifist.

Once everything is completely downloaded. Open up Pacifist and click on Open Package.

3PZLW.png

Open up the JDK Java download you just downloaded then open up the contents of it and install ONLY the contents of the JDK file.

3Q02v.png     3Q03K.png

Once it's done you should be able to run OsBot smile.png

Edited by Freewalk