Build a computer

solvingpi

Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are very handy with computer upgrades so...

I have a spare computer I'm looking to upgrade without having to spend a lot of money, obviously it needs money spending on it, but not looking to break the bank as this is a spare desktop for running a few things only.

All I use the PC for is: Youtube & Runescape 

5a67d3c5e08fbe7addaecdaaab9ae13b.png

Please upgrade me QwPha8E.png

Edited by solvingpi

Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are very handy with computer upgrades so...

I have a spare computer I'm looking to upgrade without having to spend a lot of money, obviously it needs money spending on it, but not looking to break the bank as this is a spare desktop for running a few things only.

5a67d3c5e08fbe7addaecdaaab9ae13b.png

Please upgrade me QwPha8E.png

might want to give us your budget budsmile.png

I think I could get another 8Gb ram from work as a friend buys and sells them. 

What CPU and GPU would you recommend? 

Thanks smile.png

Well if you want to upgrade the CPU you would need to get a new mobo. I would go for an i5 4460 or a cheaper but newer i3 with a decent not too expensive mobo. For the GPU, if you're not really gaming on it besides RS I'd go for a GTX 950, can run some newer games at okay quality if you want to.

a decent cpu quickly becomes ~$200-300

and a decent gpu is like 150-250

unsure.png

Any tips on which? Also from England, so would like UK based parts. 

<3

Well if you want to upgrade the CPU you would need to get a new mobo. I would go for an i5 4460 or a cheaper but newer i3 with a decent not too expensive mobo. For the GPU, if you're not really gaming on it besides RS I'd go for a GTX 950, can run some newer games at okay quality if you want to.

Will google/Ebay some of the suggestions now, I literally only use the spare one for Runescape and youtube, and my main one for World of warcraft ext 

QwPha8E.png

Will google/Ebay some of the suggestions now, I literally only use the spare one for Runescape and youtube, and my main one for World of warcraft ext 

if you only use the spare one for rs and youtube, you dont need an upgrade?

QwPha8E.png

if you only use the spare one for rs and youtube, you dont need an upgrade?

What Hero said really, for the requirements you've mentioned an upgrade is not really needed.

Just feel the performance is starting to slow down and wanted to just upgrade it a little before it dies on me and I have to go out and buy a spare one so I don't overclock my main one really.

As long as you can do the things you want with it you don't need to upgrade. Once you can no longer do the things you want to do it's time for an upgrade.

Also cleaning or formatting your hdd may sometimes help with speed on older pc's :)