APA Sand Crabs

Apaec

On 6/16/2019 at 7:53 PM, Shilo said:

My account keeps logging out at random times due to afk, when the random afk time is enabled. sometimes the account instant logsout just before the reset

This is just the game booting you for being AFK too long; this is normal and nothing to worry about. The script should log you back in and continue running (provided you've provided OSBot with account details), so hopefully this shouldn't impact exp rates significantly.

If this is behaviour you wish to avoid, then i'd recommend increasing the frequency of random movements to ~2-3 minutes. This will mean the mouse or camera are moved at approximately this interval (randomised by a gaussian distribution with an appropriately scaled standard deviation), which should prevent you from regularly being logged out for being AFK. Play around with this setting until you find a value which works best for you :)

Hope that helps,

Apa

On 6/17/2019 at 12:44 PM, justind said:

Script worked well for 30-80 strength and 40-75 ranged but just received a temp ban. Well worth the 5 bucks. My advice is don't bot over 3 hours at a time and quest in between sessions. Going to have to manually play now but glad this script got me to a solid base level. Thanks APA! 

Those are some nice gains! I'm glad you like the script, however I'm sorry to hear about the temp ban, that's unfortunate in some ways and lucky in other ways - it could have been permanent!

As for your advice, I strongly agree with it. Keeping sessions short and using generous breaks are key to maintaining a low profile. As you mentioned, manually doing quests or clue scrolls or the like between sessions also helps diversify what your player does - another great way to potentially reduce your chances of a ban.

22 hours ago, WhygADemo said:

could i have a trial please 

Sure - trial started :)

Apa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nicobul said:

Im getting banner for using this bot, i just run it for 3 hrs 

Hey,

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully it was only a temporary ban.

Sounds like you got quite unlucky, or perhaps your IP was flagged. Either way, I can give you some pointers to help prevent bans happening to you again in the future. Firstly, i'd suggest keeping a low profile. Keep sessions short, use generous breaks and play legitimately between sessions. Also, diversify what you bot, and regularly check on the bot and perhaps interact with players while it is running.

Also, this thread is worth a read if you haven't seen it already: https://osbot.org/forum/topic/124429-preventing-rs-botting-bans-v3/

Best of luck!

Apa

Edited by Apaec

Hey man, this script works great for melee but I just tried switching to range and selecting loot ammo (steel knives) and the script start button won't work. I tried selecting a few other ammo types and I still can't start it. Once I unchecked loot ammo I can hit start script.

EDIT: Got it working, on my PC there was no error but when I started it on my virtual PC it gave me the error saying I needed to talk to the lumbridge guide to auto equip arrows. Not sure why it didn't pop up on my computer. Everything is working good again

Edited by MSTFLP

6 hours ago, MSTFLP said:

Hey man, this script works great for melee but I just tried switching to range and selecting loot ammo (steel knives) and the script start button won't work. I tried selecting a few other ammo types and I still can't start it. Once I unchecked loot ammo I can hit start script.

EDIT: Got it working, on my PC there was no error but when I started it on my virtual PC it gave me the error saying I needed to talk to the lumbridge guide to auto equip arrows. Not sure why it didn't pop up on my computer. Everything is working good again

Ah right, not sure why that popup didn't show...

Glad you got it sorted :)

Apa

It's funny because when i go to sandcrabs i know exactly who's using this specific script and who isn't, and for that reason i won't be using this script any longer as everyone is getting banned left and right on this thread. On another platform i'm able to bot sandcrabs 15-20hrs a day and no reported bans for over months, wish i could use this script as osbot is much more stable but it seems Apa isn't going to be doing any major changes anytime soon

No offence to you Apa, you're a very good scripter but your attitude towards bans is going to be the downfall of you here, you're recommending people here to bot smartly and take breaks and not to bot after a certain peroid of time which is understandable but when your script is detected it doesn't matter how smart you bot you've just gotten yourself on bot-watch on ur way to a potential ban

I could go out of my way and tell you exactly what's wrong with this script and what you should change to decrease bans as a whole but i HIGHLY doubt you'll make any changes and for that reason i won't use this script any longer as i'll just get banned very quickly, If i'm able to detect someone whos using this specific script manually there is clearly an issue, the behavior of this script is all the same across hundreds of over people who are using this script.

Edited by nvrsince

On 7/8/2019 at 7:06 PM, nvrsince said:

It's funny because when i go to sandcrabs i know exactly who's using this specific script and who isn't, and for that reason i won't be using this script any longer as everyone is getting banned left and right on this thread. On another platform i'm able to bot sandcrabs 15-20hrs a day and no reported bans for over months, wish i could use this script as osbot is much more stable but it seems Apa isn't going to be doing any major changes anytime soon

No offence to you Apa, you're a very good scripter but your attitude towards bans is going to be the downfall of you here, you're recommending people here to bot smartly and take breaks and not to bot after a certain peroid of time which is understandable but when your script is detected it doesn't matter how smart you bot you've just gotten yourself on bot-watch on ur way to a potential ban

I could go out of my way and tell you exactly what's wrong with this script and what you should change to decrease bans as a whole but i HIGHLY doubt you'll make any changes and for that reason i won't use this script any longer as i'll just get banned very quickly, If i'm able to detect someone whos using this specific script manually there is clearly an issue, the behavior of this script is all the same across hundreds of over people who are using this script.

Hi nvrsince,

Firstly, thank you for the feedback - certainly a lot to take in here. I will do my best to address all the points which you have made in your post:

You mentioned that you were able to observe which players at sand crabs were users of this script - what behaviour did you notice which is exclusive to this script? Also, how did you confirm that those you suspect are using this script really are? An answer to this will help me re-create the situation and make changes where appropriate :). For some context: when you start this script, multiple parameters are randomly pulled from various gaussian distributions to build a unique 'script profile' for a single botting session. This profile, combined with the large range of configuration options available at startup result in an almost infinitely small chance of two script sessions executing exactly the same. If you are able to detect a user of this script as you mentioned, then this system is clearly failing from a particular perspective, and I will do my best to prevent this from being the case.

As for long sessions, while I strongly recommend against running the script continuously for long periods, users have successfully done so in the past (see the 'gallery' subsection of the thread). By nature, as i'm sure you know, bans are very unpredictable - some players are banned within hours, while others last significantly longer. A huge number of variables are considered when Jagex process bans, many of which are beyond anyone's control. As a result, I would consider it naive to assume that when you log in to any bot (OSbot or otherwise), your account hasn't already been flagged as a potential bot, irrespective of script. This is why keeping a low profile is so paramount to avoiding bans. To assist in keeping a low profile, I wrote this script around the key feature of reliability so as to minimise the chances of the script getting stuck and potential subsequent player reports.

Another point which I would like to make at this time is that this thread is moderated by the forum administrator for inappropriate content only. Many other bots remove ban reports from threads to try to entice more users into a false sense of safety (to boost sales, etc); this is not the case here. This could be the reason you are not seeing ban reports on the other bot which you mentioned, because I do not believe it is possible for a script or bot to completely evade the highly advanced and well trained automated detection systems that Jagex have in place in 2019.

If you could provide some more details about the script behaviour which you are not satisfied with, I am absolutely more than happy to take a look and investigate the situation further.

Best

-Apa