ANOTHER Q&A from a Catholic

Qubit

Being banned shitbox has made me extremely bored. This month I'm at home helping my parents rebuild my deck, so I'm always at home, anyway....

From the success from my Black Person Q&A  I thought I would do another one... Based on my religious belief of Catholicism! 

Any question relevant to the topic question is accepted, idgaf . Ask me anything about my religion....

Edited by Qubit
  • Like 1

If your parents had belonged to a different religion, do you think you would belong to that religion too?

Why are Churches filled with riches when Jesus asked his followers to give their wealth away?

Can a mass murderer go to heaven for accepting your religion, while a kind doctor goes to hell for not?

Did the mass murdering Crusaders and Inquisitors make it into heaven?

Why does religion appeal more to poor, weak, vulnerable, young, ill, depressed, and ostracized people? Could religious promises be more of a temptation to these people?

quote-when-the-missionaries-arrived-the-

• Like 2

If your parents had belonged to a different religion, do you think you would belong to that religion too?

Why are Churches filled with riches when Jesus asked his followers to give their wealth away?

Can a mass murderer go to heaven for accepting your religion, while a kind doctor goes to hell for not?

Why does religion appeal more to poor, weak, vulnerable, young, ill, depressed, and ostracized people? Could religious promises be more of a temptation to these people?

some of these questions... lmfao

• Like 1

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/ladispute/kingpark.html

If your parents had belonged to a different religion, do you think you would belong to that religion too? I don't really know, but I do believe that I'm a very religious person and I would most likely be directed towards one of the Abrahamic Religions. 

Why are Churches filled with riches when Jesus asked his followers to give their wealth away? What do you mean they are filled with riches? They have money yes, just because you see some protestant church on TV flying around in personal jets, this does not represent most churches. May be wrong, but Jesus asked his followers as the Apostles to drop everything they in order for him to do what he needed to do, he didn't ask everyone to just drop their shit and forget about it.

Can a mass murderer go to heaven for accepting your religion, while a kind doctor goes to hell for not? My religion believes even if you do not recognize yourself as a Catholic, you can still go to heaven

Did the mass murdering Crusaders and Inquisitors make it into heaven? Idk, I do not decide who goes to heaven or hell, all that we know is what is bad and wrong and what leads us away from God practically. 

Why does religion appeal more to poor, weak, vulnerable, young, ill, depressed, and ostracized people? It's easy to look for hope and faith when there is nothing else in site, it's hard when there is much blocking hope and faith,  while temptations and obsessions can be in your way 

Edited by Qubit

Why are Churches filled with riches when Jesus asked his followers to give their wealth away? What do you mean they are filled with riches? They have money yes, just because you see some protestant church on TV flying around in personal jets, this does not represent most churches. May be wrong, but Jesus asked his followers as the disciples to drop everything they in order for him to do what he needed to do, he didn't ask everyone to just drop their shit and forget about it.

meh i hate to use a meme to display my thoughts but honestly

Photo-Sep-28-8-58-56-PM.jpg

• Like 1

this thread was hilarious lmfao realist, glad to see Qubit answered the questions as good as he could. 

My question: why does catholicism condemn homosexuality that much?

I mean it's a natural phenomenon observed in both animals and humans alike, why would god make people the way they are and then punish them for being the way they are? That's not my style man, I don't like that way of thinking.

this thread was hilarious lmfao realist, glad to see Qubit answered the questions as good as he could. 

My question: why does catholicism condemn homosexuality that much?

I mean it's a natural phenomenon observed in both animals and humans alike, why would god make people the way they are and then punish them for being the way they are? That's not my style man, I don't like that way of thinking.

Well, most importantly it is important to know my religion condemns pre-marital sex. I think everyone knows this and there is must meaning behind it which I don't need to explain, unless you say otherwise. In order to marry in the Church. The Church is the only place you can be married and have it recognized unless said otherwise by a priest. A rule of getting married by the Church is you must be able to pro-create. Yes you must be able to pro-create, you cannot be infertile or gay to marry in the church. Then there's  some stuff in the New Testament scriptures that mention how bad it is and wrong. But the main point is what I just said. 

Why? 

1. Well one, most Catholics and myself have grown to find it just disgusting. It's just personal and way some of us were raised. My personal logic besides my religious belief, is that homosexuality and a mental disorder and abnormal , which it is. Thus we should not accept it as the norm. You say it's a natural phenomenon, so is animals eating their kin, should we do it? No, we are humans not animals we are extremely different and have free will.  

2. Many of us have unhealthy primitive instincts that we do not react on. For instance (METAPHOR) people with mental disorders such as anti-social disorder to the extreme may feel the need to kill or harm others. Do we accept it, just because it is the way they were born, no? Although extreme one can say this for Autism and social anxiety and and their lack to socially communicate with others. Those who cannot communicate correctly suffer in society and are looked down upon, because it is abnormal, but they can't do anything about it to some extent just as homosexuality.

2.5 I mean I have a fetish for incest hentai once in a while, but i try not to act on it.. oh wait shit im not acerd, nvm

Conclusion: I due agree though homosexuality is overly criticized and bombarded for being sinful. It is not more sinful and wrong then lying. Many just like to be extreme about it because it is a controversial topic. I at all cost try to avoid such conversation in public because it is none of my business and unless it affects me I do not give a shit. Unless they are flamboyant/dikish and shit, that shit is just weird and annoying to me whether or not you are gay

Edited by Qubit
  • Like 1

2. Many of us have unhealthy primitive instincts that we do not react on. For instance (METAPHOR) people with mental disorders such as anti-social disorder to the extreme may feel the need to kill or harm others. Do we accept it, just because it is the way they were born, no? Although extreme one can say this for Autism and social anxiety and and their lack to socially communicate with others. Those who cannot communicate correctly suffer in society and are looked down upon, because it is abnormal, but they can't do anything about it to some extent just as homosexuality.

I see where you're coming from with everything else, though I strongly disagree. This point however isn't quite correct. People with Autism or social anxiety are about as generally accepted as homosexuals, at least from my experience. 

• Like 1

Well, most importantly it is important to know my religion condemns pre-marital sex. I think everyone knows this and there is must meaning behind it which I don't need to explain, unless you say otherwise. In order to marry in the Church. The Church is the only place you can be married and have it recognized unless said otherwise by a priest. A rule of getting married by the Church is you must be able to pro-create. Yes you must be able to pro-create, you cannot be infertile or gay to marry in the church. Then there's  some stuff in the New Testament scriptures that mention how bad it is and wrong. But the main point is what I just said. 

Why? 

1. Well one, most Catholics and myself have grown to find it just disgusting. It's just personal and way some of us were raised. My personal logic besides my religious belief, is that homosexuality and a mental disorder and abnormal , which it is. Thus we should not accept it as the norm. You say it's a natural phenomenon, so is animals eating their kin, should we do it? No, we are humans not animals we are extremely different and have free will.  

2.5 I mean I have a fetish for incest hentai once in a while, but i try not to act on it.. oh wait shit im not acerd, nvm

Conclusion: I due agree though homosexuality is overly criticized and bombarded for being sinful. It is not more sinful and wrong then lying. Many just like to be extreme about it because it is a controversial topic. I at all cost try to avoid such conversation in public because it is none of my business and unless it affects me I do not give a shit. Unless they are flamboyant/dikish and shit, that shit is just weird and annoying to me whether or not you are gay

I like the conclusion.