Account/IP Flags & Client detection

ShaftyD

How much do we actually know about these things and how much is speculation?

Today I was caught in the ban wave (luckily only 2 day). I have been botting NMZ on a decently crowded world and the bot ran flawlessly for the 4 days(not suicide, just 4 days in a row) I ran it. 

I was not in any type of mirror mode, I was not on a VPN or Proxy (only running 1 account). 

So being in an instanced minigame means that no one else could see me except for maybe 45 seconds every ~5 hours. Does this mean someone decided to report me in that 45 seconds with no real reason? Or is Jagex's client detection and pattern detection a lot better than we think it is.

Now for IP and account flagging. I'm sure accounts being monitored is a very real thing, checking for specific patterns and shit after one ban but what about IP flagging. Am I forever going to need to be on a VPN or have a proxy to not worry about Jagex banning me simply for being on the same IP (and botting of course).

Jagex has gotten a lot better over the years at bot detection, and they are only improving in my opinion; However, OSBot is improving with them.

I am sure people are going to suggest mirror mode to you, however I have never tried it and am weary to try it because I'm not sure of the proof that it actually decreases bans. 

You were prob detected by their system and tbh about the IP Flagging i dont really know but my accounts were hit once and the 3 accounts that were on the same ip all got 2 day bans and the other account running the same private script on a different ip didnt get hit. This was my fault i ran the bots too long but since the 2 day bans i have started botting them on an ip that i had already gotten a 2 day ban and a perm ban with. So far nothing lets see how it goes

If you don't bot/rwt on the flagged IP / account you should be fine, but if you bot or rwt they are watching that IP and you will get banned again eventually and quicker than before, my suggestion would be to change your IP, call your ISP and request a change, or proxy if you want to continue botting and not worry about whether it was the flagged IP that caused your ban.

I know your confusion seeing as there are so many people saying different things like some people saying one thing, while others are saying completely opposite things. In my experience, I have been banned on accounts that I would bot at the same times as other accounts, but never were they all smashed at the same time. Eventually they all got banned. However, seeing as though I would bot 4 or 5 accounts using the same script on 1 laptop with no proxy/VPN, I think it has a lot to do with the quality of scripts or methods you are using. Also, I only ever get banned whenever someone reports me. I asked a similar question on here a few weeks ago whether or not proxies are worth it. You can check it out since the advice a lot of people gave might help you. I'm still thinking of investing in proxies for the sole purpose of botting heaps of accounts. But resources get expensive hahah. Anyway, I don't think you need to rely on proxies or VPNs imo.

• Like 1

I know your confusion seeing as there are so many people saying different things like some people saying one thing, while others are saying completely opposite things. In my experience, I have been banned on accounts that I would bot at the same times as other accounts, but never were they all smashed at the same time. Eventually they all got banned. However, seeing as though I would bot 4 or 5 accounts using the same script on 1 laptop with no proxy/VPN, I think it has a lot to do with the quality of scripts or methods you are using. Also, I only ever get banned whenever someone reports me. I asked a similar question on here a few weeks ago whether or not proxies are worth it. You can check it out since the advice a lot of people gave might help you. I'm still thinking of investing in proxies for the sole purpose of botting heaps of accounts. But resources get expensive hahah. Anyway, I don't think you need to rely on proxies or VPNs imo.

I've had multiple accounts on the same IP banned at once, that's not the issue. I'm not trying to run a bot farm, I'm only running my two accounts, probably won't ever be at the same time doing the same thing. I'm just worried now that I've received this 2 day ban on my new IP (I haven't played RS in over 2 years) will I now be flagged for extra monitoring? I don't want to risk taking a perm ban just for starting up a script for 20 minutes and babysitting it the entire time. 

Obviously I know I take the risk no matter what but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

I've had multiple accounts on the same IP banned at once, that's not the issue. I'm not trying to run a bot farm, I'm only running my two accounts, probably won't ever be at the same time doing the same thing. I'm just worried now that I've received this 2 day ban on my new IP (I haven't played RS in over 2 years) will I now be flagged for extra monitoring? I don't want to risk taking a perm ban just for starting up a script for 20 minutes and babysitting it the entire time. 

Obviously I know I take the risk no matter what but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

Ahh okay I get where you're coming from. Yeah I got a 2day ban on one of my accounts so I stopped botting on that account since it was like a main. If you try restarting your modem or changing your IP through your ISP that will probably give you peace of mind. But with regards to the 2 day ban, I think it just flags the account not the IP as I mass botted other accounts successfully while I was 2 day banned. Needless to say, I was paranoid as shit but came out alright. Hopefully, you have the same luck hahah.

• Like 1