Jagex banning

The Hero of Time

So i've been thinking about something.

If you pull data from runescape, for example Objects.closest(x). with that it will search for the closest object. Now my "Theory" is that if you do that a lot, for example if you do it everytime because you need it for something on onLoop(), it constantly pulls from runescape.

Will this increase banrate? if you limit your script and not do this a lot, will it decrease the banrate? I've never seen people discuss this and it  seems pretty obvious. 

tell me if im going full retard now, but i doubt it.

Looking at how humans play, we look for the closest object in terms of trees or mining rocks. 80-90% of the time we do that. That remaining 10-20%, we just find the next available object but it may not be the closest.

Therefore that leads me to believe that it will not decrease ban rates. 

Looking at how humans play, we look for the closest object in terms of trees or mining rocks. 80-90% of the time we do that. That remaining 10-20%, we just find the next available object but it may not be the closest.

Therefore that leads me to believe that it will not decrease ban rates. 

im not talking about getting the closest object, im talking about pulling from the RS client with objects.closest();

osbot cant magically detect it and it doesnt have a brain, it will calculate the distance between x object and you, and for that you will need to "ask" the client what location x object is on. get what i mean? :P asking the client a shit ton of times might be a red flag for jagex

Edited by The Hero of Time

If you pull data from runescape, for example Objects.closest(x). with that it will search for the closest object. Now my "Theory" is that if you do that a lot, for example if you do it everytime because you need it for something on onLoop(), it constantly pulls from runescape.

Will this increase banrate? if you limit your script and not do this a lot, will it decrease the banrate? I've never seen people discuss this and it  seems pretty obvious. 

There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world [of botting]. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

edit:

see token's post

Edited by Shiny

• Developer

No. Simplifiedly put: the OSBot client just reads the OSRS client's memory. There is no way they detect how often or when you read this memory. Calling methods of the OSRS client might be dangerous if not done correctly, but that is something we have never done and will never start doing.

• Like 2

No. Simplifiedly put: the OSBot client just reads the OSRS client's memory. There is no way they detect how often or when you read this memory. Calling methods of the OSRS client might be dangerous if not done correctly, but that is something we have never done and will never start doing.

Just to somewhat expand, the client does not attempt to retrieve any information from the server, other than what a regular client would, we are just retrieving the information from the client upon every method call. Everything is client-sided and even if this was the case, Jagex would have much more reliable means of detecting bots anyway.

If you want to look at ways of improving your scripts 'antiban' you should look at creating dynamic sleeping based off of your individual rather, just to add some deviation to your script, this can massively diversify a large collection of bots, rather than them using the same static logic and sleeps.

No. The data is sent from the server to your computer and from there it is accessed. Jagex cannot see what you do on your own computer.

aight thanks for the clarification