paypal and chargebacks/fraud

Aap

Hey guys,

paypal is always a risk to receive money on.

i want to know how you guys all deal with this, since there is no support from paypal for selling virtual items.

i know some website's or people ask to forward the paypal payment email. but why? it makes no sense in me eye's.

So what's the best way to deal with chargebacks and to win every dispute? recording every in-game trade?(when selling rsgp and what about selling accounts?)

also want to start currency exchange website, but still doubt how to use paypal.

want to know you experience with paypal chargeback and how to deal with them :)

thank you all guys

greetz jappa

ps: sorry for my bad English, never got it on school. but i guess its still better then google translate

• Like 1

• PayPal is 100% fine if you're buying & selling from/with trusted users, you'd have nothing to worry about

i think the best way to not get chargebacked is prevention, so you'd ask them for proof of ID sent via their PP e-mail so they can't claim they didn't authorise the payment (also don't sell huge amounts to people you don't trust 1000%) 

• PayPal is 100% fine if you're buying & selling from/with trusted users, you'd have nothing to worry about
  • i think the best way to not get chargebacked is prevention, so you'd ask them for proof of ID sent via their PP e-mail so they can't claim they didn't authorise the payment (also don't sell huge amounts to people you don't trust 1000%) 

Still there users who look trusted, but can scam like 2 months later. and for my exchange website, are random people so cant trust them.

about a proof of id is good one. need to check what the rules are so store them. ty

Still there users who look trusted, but can scam like 2 months later. and for my exchange website, are random people so cant trust them.

about a proof of id is good one. need to check what the rules are so store them. ty

It is a good one apart from the fact people have to give you their ID telling you everything about them and you're a random guy on the internet boge.png its a good idea for higher trusted people but for normal people wanting to sell some gold not really too good imo

Edited by Fruity
  • Like 1

It is a good one apart from the fact people have to give you their ID telling you everything about them and you're a random guy on the internet boge.png its a good idea for higher trusted people but for normal people wanting to sell some gold not really too good imo

if they're a random grey with no feedback/history on any other forum i think they'd be more than willing to do that (if they have good intentions that is)

1. Deal with people who are trusted, I am sure its been mentioned countless of times. Yes, slight chance they might chargeback etc, nonetheless better than new users, less trusted guys.

2. You can work on other means of transactions like skrill and btc. No harm looking into them as an alternatives.

3. Sell in small amounts as mentioned above. Then you pretty good to get started :)

Recently i purchased a x22 account. Paid through paypal credit card as good and service with a address. He recovered the account after a week and as a result , i chargebacked.

Now this guy called paypal before me and apparently provided a "tracking number" and won. Currently on the process of chargebacking through my credit card company

1. Deal with people who are trusted, I am sure its been mentioned countless of times. Yes, slight chance they might chargeback etc, nonetheless better than new users, less trusted guys.

2. You can work on other means of transactions like skrill and btc. No harm looking into them as an alternatives.

3. Sell in small amounts as mentioned above. Then you pretty good to get started smile.png

yeay with runescape related i can do this.

but what about a exchange paypal->skrill. i can proof paypal i send the money to the skrill account, so it will be no problem i guess when somebody try to chareback

This is was news to me the other day as I just got back into RS and into botting, and wasn't able to purchase gold from Divica because they wanted my Drivers License(I don't drive, yay for the BUS), and or a passport for ID(don't every plan to leave my house, so no passport), and I was only buying 3M...yah chump change but they still lost my business because of that ID thing. I have a verified paypal with a CC, it's a business Paypal, fully legit and I will only use Paypal to make any transactions online, hopefully don't run into this problem too often.

Edited by Joster

This is was news to me the other day as I just got back into RS and into botting, and wasn't able to purchase gold from Divica because they wanted my Drivers License(I don't drive, yay for the BUS), and or a passport for ID(don't every plan to leave my house, so no passport), and I was only buying 3M...yah chump change but they still lost my business because of that ID thing. I have a verified paypal with a CC, it's a business Paypal, fully legit and I will only use Paypal to make any transactions online, hopefully don't run into this problem too often.

That sucks! 3m and requested ID /: