How do I make a loot counter?

imancity

I made a simple Kebab Buying script, but how would I keep track of how many are bought? I've tried having it get the amount of the inventory but I can't seem to figure out how to keep it adding onto a number. I tried to do a KebabCount = KebabCount + 1 after the dialogue where the Kebab is bought but nope.

ALSO, if you're reading this, what would be my best way of walking my player from Al Kharid to the GE so he can sell the Kebabs. Not planning on adding this yet but just wondering.

I made a simple Kebab Buying script, but how would I keep track of how many are bought? I've tried having it get the amount of the inventory but I can't seem to figure out how to keep it adding onto a number. I tried to do a KebabCount = KebabCount + 1 after the dialogue where the Kebab is bought but nope.

ALSO, if you're reading this, what would be my best way of walking my player from Al Kharid to the GE so he can sell the Kebabs. Not planning on adding this yet but just wondering.

int kebabCount;

//After you get a full inventory and head to the bank.
//before you open the bank
kebabCount += getInventory().getAmount("name of item");

for walking

grab a position near the GE

WebWalkEvent toGE = new WebWalkEvent(INodeRouteFinder.createAdvanced(), new Position(0,0,0));
context.execute(toGE);

hope this helps

Edited by Sinatra
  • Like 2

Does it say in chat when you buy a kebab? You could use the message listener in that case and just +1 everytime it pops up in chat, you could alternatively create your own inventory listener kind of thing, but its pretty unnecessary for this.

It does! How would I do this message listener? Never heard of it tbh.

• Like 1

It does! How would I do this message listener? Never heard of it tbh.

I'm on my at the moment so i'm not going to dig through the API

But its an interface called MessageListener that you implement, and it will give you  a method like

public void onMessage(Message m)

e.g.

public class Test implements MessageListener

Sweet! Thanks a ton. What exactly is the 'MetalDragonsMain'? Do I put whatever I like there or?

That is the name of my Class

refer to this topic http://osbot.org/forum/topic/91021-basic-java-tutorial-i-found-online-for-anyone-wanting-to-learn-basics-also-contains-link-for-more-information/

Could help you out a bunch