Game of Thrones

JouxRS

Anyone else love the show?

HBO are going all out trying to stop the torrents: 

https://torrentfreak.com/hbo-warns-game-of-thrones-pirates-removes-torrents-160507/

Seems to be doing a decent job, but I've still downloaded and watched every new episode before it's aired on TV here in the UK

They've recognized a vast amount of their viewers are using third-party services, myself included (Don't send me a letter again ISP).

Creating a better means of viewing for international audience would have circumvented this mess hugely, just chuck a few commercials in there; this alone would be a better effort than going after individuals you believe are trying to watch your show.

They've recognized a vast amount of their viewers are using third-party services, myself included (Don't send me a letter again ISP).

Creating a better means of viewing for international audience would have circumvented this mess hugely, just chuck a few commercials in there; this alone would be a better effort than going after individuals you believe are trying to watch your show.

A. Their shows are not edited to accommodate for advertising breaks.

B. Openly tolerating illegal viewings devalues the product they sell to the consumer market: exclusive premium content payed for through subscriptions.

C. Openly tolerating illegal viewings devalues the product they sell to the network market (licensing and syndication).

D. People will always find a way to skip commercials (edit them out, addblockers, etc...).

HBO Go & HBO Now seem to have failed miserably mainly because they are not global and you could access to content much quicker through less legal alternatives. They can't really offer a global direct online platform without pissing the consumer market or the network market either. Networks are adapting too slowly to the internet, the whole system hasn't changed much since the 80s-90s :p 

I respect that they want to protect their product but if networks had embraced the internet a bit sooner they wouldn't be in this nasty situation..

Anyone else love the show?

HBO are going all out trying to stop the torrents: 

https://torrentfreak.com/hbo-warns-game-of-thrones-pirates-removes-torrents-160507/

Seems to be doing a decent job, but I've still downloaded and watched every new episode before it's aired on TV here in the UK

Oh wait! There's a way to watch movie by getting them on torrents? like.. utorrent & shit?