3'rd anniversary & free giveaways!

Maxi

Don't enter the competition if you are worried about that, it's simple.

Nowhere did you write it was required to use your personal facebook in order to participate, you can't change the rules once the contest is about to be drawn. Beside that, I'm sure you didn't want to expose your own facebook as well, so I'm sure you'll understand.

Nowhere did you write it was required to use your personal facebook in order to participate, you can't change the rules once the contest is about to be drawn. Beside that, I'm sure you didn't want to expose your own facebook as well, so I'm sure you'll understand.

Kinda self explanatory that they wanted to host a competition which would cause advertisement for the community. Why would they have a winner who never helped spread the word?

Although I can see why people don't want to share it on personal accounts to friends etc but that's the hole point of the competition.

Edited by Sponsor

Kinda self explanatory that they wanted to host a competition which would cause advertisement for the community. Why would they have a winner who never helped spread the word?

Although I can see why people don't want to share it on personal accounts to friends etc but that's the hole point of the competition.

The point of the contest should be to celebrate with their members and therefore hand out prices for some of the lucky users. Not to be their advertisement campaign.

The point of the contest should be to celebrate with their members and therefore hand out prices for some of the lucky users. Not to be their advertisement campaign.

Lets be real here, there's no 'it should be...' here. They decided to do this for their anniversary, and there's no right for us to complain. 

If you don't like the terms, don't compete. 

They could've also just let it slide and ignore it entirely, atleast this - however slightly - will be a win win for the people participating and osbot. 

Lets be real here, there's no 'it should be...' here. They decided to do this for their anniversary, and there's no right for us to complain. 

If you don't like the terms, don't compete. 

They could've also just let it slide and ignore it entirely, atleast this - however slightly - will be a win win for the people participating and osbot. 

Let's be honest. I couldn't care less, as I already have LS, which I paid for and donated to the site. I just think it's sad for the people who really want to participate, but don't want to leak their personal details in order to do so.

I'm not getting involved with all this drama, nor am I going to bitch and moan about anything.

I do think however both parties have a point - What you need to think though, OSbot staff want OSbot to grow and be shared through Facebook. If you are advertising on a Facebook account with 0-3 friends then what will that achieve prepared to someone who may have 100 or 1000? 

And yes again, I understand not everyone wants to post their real names, or having their privacy stolen from them but it's a giveaway for a reason, you obey to what it actually needs/wants in order to possibly receive what you want at the end.

I myself have actually posted on there a few times, this includes with my personal account which isn't very difficult to find either, not because i'm bothered if I win or not, but because it was fun to do. I respect others privacy and I wont go scrolling down their Facebook profiles like many others do, the same applies with I have many users on the forums I am connected to on my FB also. 

i didn't want to share a rs related post so i withheld from entering the competition, if the post was maybe a 'like' to the page / a post then sure i'd do it (that would still be shown publicly on people's timelines but in a less obvious way as opposed to sharing it)

unfortunate as i did want to participate but yeah biggrin.png

Edited by Realist
  • Like 1