Before and After

Alek

Earlier this month I posted a picture of my computer, which was caseless for a while because I brought all the parts on the plane. Today my case came in along with a new processor and heatsink.

Before issues:

1. The old heatsink did not seat properly because one of the four pressure screws was broken/not attached.

2. It was not sitting on motherboard mounts, meaning that the heatsink bracket created an uneven, potentially dangerous surface.

Before:

63112a194317a58ee6b0ed873cebef0e.png

After:

7cefd4d5fa515d0b0d3254cfbe724e63.jpg

• Like 4

is that heatsink hypermaster cooler 212? they make really good heatsinks for processors that generate a shitton of heat.

Meh, some yell that it's the best thing ever but when I checked out reviews (a lot of them because I couldn't decide) it appeared not everybody was actually so enthusiastic about it.

Eventually I went for a Noctua NH-L9I. Have it for 6 months now and very happy with it

• Like 1

Meh, some yell that it's the best thing ever but when I checked out reviews (a lot of them because I couldn't decide) it appeared not everybody was actually so enthusiastic about it.

Eventually I went for a Noctua NH-L9I. Have it for 6 months now and very happy with it

Noctua makes solid coolers, would reccomend/10

• Like 1

I'm personally more interested in the potato you used to take the pictures.

I expected some tech CEO setup, this looks like a setup for some Bestbuy employee using his employee discount to save the most he can.

Sweet rig though brah

Also; What's all the tech to the left? I know one is prob a router or some shit but what is all the rest?

Edited by Timekeeper

Earlier this month I posted a picture of my computer, which was caseless for a while because I brought all the parts on the plane. Today my case came in along with a new processor and heatsink.

Before issues:

1. The old heatsink did not seat properly because one of the four pressure screws was broken/not attached.

2. It was not sitting on motherboard mounts, meaning that the heatsink bracket created an uneven, potentially dangerous surface.

Before:

63112a194317a58ee6b0ed873cebef0e.png

After:

7cefd4d5fa515d0b0d3254cfbe724e63.jpg

Best upgrade I see is some Liptons tea

• Like 1