Getting back into scripting...

inlustra

Hi ,

About time I posted an introduction!

The name is Tom, 22 and I'm currently the lead software developer of a small company in London (Full-stack; AngularJS, Java back-end, Android and iOS). I was the creator of one of the first Minecraft Mod Managers (TFCMM), and I'm just getting back into scripting after a hiatus of around... 5 - 6 years? I wrote a Nature Runner using the fairy rings back when I was 14, which is actually how I started programming. biggrin.png

My brother asked me to look into creating a few scripts for him, and one thing led to another, here I am! It's probably worth mentioning that I don't actually play Runescape anymore, just before the Wilderness was opened up for trading again, Jagex banned my main account - So I completely stopped. With that in mind, I'm not really looking to create mundane scripts as I really enjoy creating the frameworks behind the system.

I'll be using this opportunity to teach myself some AI basics and have been looking at Bayesian probability models to try to map the way the user moves the mouse with a goal in mind (Like a learning phase). I'll be perfectly honest, I have no idea how this is going to work, but I enjoy the challenge!

As a side note, I came up with another idea last night, we should create a visual programming experience for creating scripts! For those of you that know of scratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/editor/) I think this could be a great way to create scripts...

I'll be releasing a library soon of all of the snippets and tidbits that I've acquired over the past week in a Gradle project that should kickstart the development of scripts (I know there are those out there, but I wanted one for myself, that I can place on github!).

Still learning the API, which can be frustrating at times, so I might often ask stupid questions - apologies. 

Thanks guys,

Looking forward to being part of the community!

biggrin.png

Edited by inlustra