MFW when someone says reusable GUI components aren't worth the hassle

Botre

That GUI looks so redundant, just script in a way where you recognize necessity of most useful features.

Pretty much this. Way too many options. Why wouldn't you use prayers, it's normal to use. If low def and getting meleed/ ranged/ maged use protect prayer. If higher def use prayers for boosting attack and strength. Don't really need options for that.

Edited by Psvxe

That GUI looks so redundant, just script in a way where you recognize necessity of most useful features.

Potions & food:

How is the script to deduce which item to use? I personally don't think forcing a user to go to a bank and withdraw a certain item is a more friendly than checking a box.

Or should the script just use the best item available? But what defines "best" in this case?  Price, bonus effect, bonus duration?  Scenario: what if the script deduces lobsters are the best food-candidate and the user is completely fine with that (he bought the lobsters just for the script after all), but then you run out of lobsters and the script now selects sharks, but the user bought those sharks to go bossing later. When the user comes back and checks his bank he notices he's out of sharks and is not happy, he would've actually preferred monkfish being selected as backup-food but he was just unable to tell the script.

Prayer:

How is the script to deduce whether the user wants to use overheads at all? Gear? Prayer level? Defence level?

How is the script to deduce whether the user prefers to use ultimate strength (better bonus) or superhuman strength (lower prayer point cost)?

How is the script to deduce whether the user just wants strength bonus but not accuracy?

How is the script to deduce the user might want to use rapid heal and/or protect from item?

Etc...

Best of two worlds: make the GUI deduce / recognize probable preferred settings and fill itself out, but give the user the option to clearly visualize and (if necessary) tweak the settings.

If you're hoping to have this as premium then I hope you will refund all your previous customers OR re-open the previous premium scripts and continue to offer support.

It is absolutely disgusting to pull that disappearing act, faking like you want to be banned just to come back a few months later.

Or at the least there should be a warning like:

This user (Botre) has sold premium scripts in the past and has just disappeared and stopped offering support. Buy this one at your own risk.

1. My plank farmer was the only product with 10+ customers, I have already rewritten it and previous customers will receive free access.

2. My fire maker had 3-4 users. I will personally buy them any other 5$ Botre script if they wish.

3. My catapult script had 6 customers, I have rewritten a free version of it for the community.

I never guaranteed lifetime support and 99% of my userbase was able to get a profitable (easily up to 3000%) return (in terms of gp, experience, etc..) on their script investment. 

Stop being so toxic, your shitpost has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

• Like 2

I never guaranteed lifetime support and 99% of my userbase was able to get a profitable (easily up to 3000%) return (in terms of gp, experience, etc..) on their script investment.

So, explain to me how you got that percentage.

Anyways, to stay on topic:

Since this is my personal opinion and I love to discuss about ideas, designs and logic don't take it personal.

I think options offered in a GUI should be based on "extra's"- rather than "standard" features. If I want to bot something I just want to go straight to botting. I mean, if I would buy a script I would completely trust a developer on what features are build in and simply would hate if they would offer allot of "standard" options.

It's like paying for a flying ticket.

Do you want food, do you want to sit next to somehow you traveling with, do you want to sit near a window. Fuck off with the options and just give me the best of the best you got to offer.

Options such as: Do you want extra leg space, do you want extra bag space, do you want champagne or whatever should be options I want to choose from.

Edited by Psvxe

So, explain to me how you got that percentage.

Script cost = ~5$, profit average per user = ~150$ (profit tracking).

(150 / 5) * 100 = ~3000%;

Anyways, to stay on topic:

Since this is my personal opinion and I love to discuss about ideas, designs and logic don't take it personal.

I think options offered in a GUI should be based on "extra's"- rather than "standard" features. If I want to bot something I just want to go straight to botting. I mean, if I would buy a script I would completely trust a developer on what features are build in and simply would hate if they would offer allot of "standard" options. It's like paying for a flying ticket. (Do you want food, do you want to sit next to somehow you traveling with, do you want to sit near a window, . Fuck off with the options and just give me the best of the best you got to offer.

Options such as: Do you want extra leg space, do you want extra bag space, do you want champagne or whatever should be options I want to choose from.

Which of my features would you not consider "extras"? (give my answer to Krulvis's reply a read first)

Script cost = ~5$, profit average per user = ~150$ (profit tracking).

(150 / 5) * 100 = ~3000%;

Which of my features would you not consider "extras"? (give my answer to Krulvis's reply a read first)

Missed the post. I get what you mean on that past and yes, you're right on most points. However, me as lazy customer, I just want to click one time and go with the flow. I've no clue if you save profiles but if so I don't really mind the clicking for one time. But I will choose a concurrent script if yours don't offer that. I just make sure food that shouldn't be used isn't on that account at all first. (lazy huh? wink.png)

Missed the post. I get what you mean on that past and yes, you're right on most points. However, me as lazy customer, I just want to click one time and go with the flow. I've no clue if you save profiles but if so I don't really mind the clicking for one time. But I will choose a concurrent script if yours don't offer that. I just make sure food that shouldn't be used isn't on that account at all first. (lazy huh? wink.png)

Fair enough:

28ba7cfacc0629b4272908ba90f99473.png

Solved x)

• Like 4