One big questionmark around bans..

xmikehaa

Hey bot community,

Me and my IRL friend have a big quesiton mark about the way Jagex scouts botters and throws out the banhammer.

What's going on:

We both use the same premium and free scripts to lvl our iron man accounts.

We babysit while botting, Cuz eventhough some scripts are very well coded, sometimes there's a flaw

My buddy got a 2 day ban + perm ban 1 week later on his iron man. I'm still going strong

He decides to create a new account is able to play + bot very carefully (roughly 2/3 hrs a day, i.e. while making homework)

And now, about 2 weeks into his new account, he received another 2 day ban! I'm still going strong...

Is he receiving bans more frequently because Jagex flags IP adresses or something?

Image that we manually play very frequently on our accounts 2-4 hrs during weeksdays and 6-7 hrs in weekdays sometimes..

Am I just lucky? Is he just unlucky? We're in front of a mystery! Can anyone clear things up? smile.png

Scripts we've been using:

Czar Motherlode
Czar Perfect Fisher
APA Den cooker

Projectpact's Hunting bot

Woody's Firemaking

Zodiac's woodcut chopper

Mystery Agillity

MooreFletcherLite

Edited by xmikehaa

Once you're banned once, Jagex logs the users IP/mac address and (maybe some other things) and flags you. So if you create a new account, they'll be monitoring you to see if you're botting.

Tell him to change his IP/mac address don't start botting new accounts straight away.

+ You need to realise other people are also using those scripts. After a while Jagex can really tell if you're botting even if the scripts are 'randomized'

Once you're banned once, Jagex logs the users IP/mac address and (maybe some other things) and flags you. So if you create a new account, they'll be monitoring you to see if you're botting.

if this is true then jagex have & are logging hundreds of thousands of ip addresses and are 'monitoring' them? 

c'mon think of it realistically (pardon the pun wink.png

the only thing regarding IPs is that if you bot more than 2 on 1 ip you can get chainbanned, they do not flag ips like this though lmao

e: i bot on the same proxies, if they get banned i replace the account nothing else, and they last for weeks, i've tested this vigorously.

Edited by Realist
  • Like 1

Its really hard to tell how jagex process this but it wouldn't be hard for them to log your ip in a database and then cross reference to determine ban.  or its the mouse movements which get logged... 

tell him to play legit from time to time and bot in a human like manner (such as bot weekends and legit during week days) . Just my 2c :)

I have 10 accounts all doing the same script same spot 24/7 been almost 2 weeks now and 4 are left with 88 wc + the bans were all on different days and different hours,(one was same day, but way different hours of the day) it's just random honestly. probably mostly based from player reports. (if your script is good, that is).

Edited by I Midnight I

I have 10 accounts all doing the same script same spot 24/7 been almost 2 weeks now and 4 are left with 88 wc + the bans were all on different days and different hours,(one was same day, but way different hours of the day) it's just random honestly. probably mostly based from player reports. (if your script is good, that is).

I've always wondered if player reports every did anything. I've reported bots before, but they didn't get banned after a few days.