Accutane share your experiences

trentparks

Hey everyone I have moderate acne I began to get after starting to workout daily. So fare im on day 5 of accutane and I have begun to break out more then usual . This is common I presume because my derm said it is. How long did your initial break out take to start and how long did it stay for? Thanks in advance guys :)

Edited by trentparks

I have lots of friends who have acne and have been prescribed accutane. All I heard from them is that it's a very hepatotoxic drug. Most of them have cholesterol and liver problems after 3-6 months of treatment. I also had acne for over 2 years but I've never been prescribed accutane. I eventually found a doctor who would perform laser treatments for acne and went through 7 BBL (blue light) and 4 Thermoscan treatments. They are much less invasive and also seemed to work for me. All I can tell you is that acne has no cure. It will last until you are ~30, you can't stop it but you can control it.

PS: Working out raises your testosterone levels, this is not caused by bodybuilding supplements. It is a normal consequence of working out but will be very severe if you decide to take steroids.

There's only one quick solution for acne:

Have a proper clean diet e.g. No fatty/oily foods, moderate carbs + cut fizzy drinks + crisps to minimal etc.

That is partially correct! However a majority of it comes from bacteria and problems with your pores being able to secrete oil properly. Accutane is an extremely harsh drug. It targets your oil glands and basically reduces their size, or damages them to the point of them not ever functioning correctly again, which in return gives you a substantial decrease in the amount of pores that become clogged (creating black and white heads, and in general decreases the overall size of your pores), lowers the amount of oil having to be secreted out, general decreases the overall size of your pores, and most commonly reduces the amount of acne produced. These are all things that are for the most part viewed to be a "positive" side effect, however they are actually far from that. You say you began getting acne after starting to workout a lot. This is a very normal thing that happens. It is mainly caused by the over-expression of testosterone being produced in your body. A sudden increase in testosterone from working out a lot makes your body overproduce it, leading to an increase of acne. This eventually will plateau out. As far as supplements are concerned, you said you are taking creatine. Do you know if you are taking a monohydrate based creatine or a krealkyline base creatine? Monohydrates typically consume a lot of water, therefore reducing the amount available to help wash out a lot of toxins in your body, leading to an increase of acne. And if you think getting a few bumps on your face is bad and think accutane will be your miracle drug, you are going to be disappointed. Accutane, like mentioned above, destroys your oil glands. This means when you work out, there isn't going to be oil being produced to help bone on bone contact. In the end, this leads to extreme pain from working out and having bone on bone interactions causing unpleasant friction. 

I could honestly talk all day about how terrible accutane is for your body, but I will tell you a few more underlying things. Like other users have stated, you have to have monthly blood tests done. Any medicine that requires a type of monitoring like this should give you a red flag. I'm not sure if you know too much about the human body, but high cholesterol is not something you want to have. High cholesterol leads to many many problems and diseases. Your cells will have an extremely hard time performing basic functions under these newly formed stressful conditions. And if your monthly exams aren't a big enough red flag, how about having to sign legal documentation before you're even allowed to start the medication? Accutane has been linked to multiple nutritious deficiencies and known medical problems. I would honestly consider about stopping the medicine. And from what it sounds like, you don't have a case extreme enough to even be put on the medication. And trust me, you don't want any of the side effects that WILL come with it. There is no maybe, they WILL come. Consult with your doctor about a topical that can be used in place of that. There are hundreds of topicals out there that will give you the same results as accutane without hurting your body. Keep a clean face and make sure to wash it immediately after a workout. 

If you have any questions I am always willing to answer them. I am a biochemistry major and know a lot about this kind of stuff. I'm graduating next semester, and love talking about this stuff. Just let me know! Hope this helps! 

- ProjectPact

Edited by ProjectPact

That is partially correct! However a majority of it comes from bacteria and problems with your pores being able to secrete oil properly. Accutane is an extremely harsh drug. It targets your oil glands and basically reduces their size, or damages them to the point of them not ever functioning correctly again, which in return gives you a substantial decrease in the amount of pores that become clogged (creating black and white heads, and in general decreases the overall size of your pores), lowers the amount of oil having to be secreted out, general decreases the overall size of your pores, and most commonly reduces the amount of acne produced. These are all things that are for the most part viewed to be a "positive" side effect, however they are actually far from that. You say you began getting acne after starting to workout a lot. This is a very normal thing that happens. It is mainly caused by the over-expression of testosterone being produced in your body. A sudden increase in testosterone from working out a lot makes your body overproduce it, leading to an increase of acne. This eventually will plateau out. As far as supplements are concerned, you said you are taking creatine. Do you know if you are taking a monohydrate based creatine or a krealkyline base creatine? Monohydrates typically consume a lot of water, therefore reducing the amount available to help wash out a lot of toxins in your body, leading to an increase of acne. And if you think getting a few bumps on your face is bad and think accutane will be your miracle drug, you are going to be disappointed. Accutane, like mentioned above, destroys your oil glands. This means when you work out, there isn't going to be oil being produced to help bone on bone contact. In the end, this leads to extreme pain from working out and having bone on bone interactions causing unpleasant friction.

I could honestly talk all day about how terrible accutane is for your body, but I will tell you a few more underlying things. Like other users have stated, you have to have monthly blood tests done. Any medicine that requires a type of monitoring like this should give you a red flag. I'm not sure if you know too much about the human body, but high cholesterol is not something you want to have. High cholesterol leads to many many problems and diseases. Your cells will have an extremely hard time performing basic functions under these newly formed stressful conditions. And if your monthly exams aren't a big enough red flag, how about having to sign legal documentation before you're even allowed to start the medication? Accutane has been linked to multiple nutritious deficiencies and known medical problems. I would honestly consider about stopping the medicine. And from what it sounds like, you don't have a case extreme enough to even be put on the medication. And trust me, you don't want any of the side effects that WILL come with it. There is no maybe, they WILL come. Consult with your doctor about a topical that can be used in place of that. There are hundreds of topicals out there that will give you the same results as accutane without hurting your body. Keep a clean face and make sure to wash it immediately after a workout.

If you have any questions I am always willing to answer them. I am a biochemistry major and know a lot about this kind of stuff. I'm graduating next semester, and love talking about this stuff. Just let me know! Hope this helps!

- ProjectPact

Is there anything I can do to either stop my initial break !? It's getting worse lol day 6 of accutane