Help with computer/internet speeds.

A Slayer day

I have a desktop in my house hooked up with a netgear wireless adapter , My Fps is shit runs from 8-20 fps. 

I have a modem upstairs that i could hook up to this computer but my dads hoe ass girlfriend thinks she needs it for her laptop.

Therefore all of my connection is stolin because she's hooked up through ethernet.

Here's my options i've come down too.

I thought about...

1.Upgrading my Network card

2.Buying a graphics card.

3.Stealing the dam modem and say fuck that bitch let her have the netgear adapter.

4.Buying my own modem.

My computer specs are.

0a6060d5b70afc58f43e41b09d36a07f.png

For one buy more Ram, 2GB? Dang that is low.

Buy a new modem and connect them up, no service charge or anything a simple wire from your main box will work and be a seperate connection however. If your overall speed is slow that could be the problem

Alright thanks , yea I plan on upgrading some things on the pc. Any modems particular  anyone think I should look at?

Alright thanks , yea I plan on upgrading some things on the pc. Any modems particular anyone think I should look at?

Get new ram first it might help your computer a bit. And a decent modem will be fine, just wore them up and Ethernet yourself up as this will help overall, but you need to check your download speed connection as that could be the reason your net is so slow.

Get new ram first it might help your computer a bit. And a decent modem will be fine, just wore them up and Ethernet yourself up as this will help overall, but you need to check your download speed connection as that could be the reason your net is so slow.

2 tests of different websitees

e36ac205e175c64e3bfda3e06f1b4556.png

9a088f96cac6186f60b22e121fce1327.png

I have a desktop in my house hooked up with a netgear wireless adapter , My Fps is shit runs from 8-20 fps. 

I have a modem upstairs that i could hook up to this computer but my dads hoe ass girlfriend thinks she needs it for her laptop.

Therefore all of my connection is stolin because she's hooked up through ethernet.

Here's my options i've come down too.

I thought about...

1.Upgrading my Network card

2.Buying a graphics card.

3.Stealing the dam modem and say fuck that bitch let her have the netgear adapter.

4.Buying my own modem.

My computer specs are.

0a6060d5b70afc58f43e41b09d36a07f.png

google search "windows virtual ram" u can allocate some of ur harddrive as virtual ram (yes it does help alot when u have low ram!)

google search "windows virtual ram" u can allocate some of ur harddrive as virtual ram (yes it does help alot when u have low ram!)

This is called a paging file, and most installs will have it by default. This should in no way replace ram, unless you like wondering wtf everything is so slow.

Now, on topic:

Just because there is a computer on Ethernet does not mean it has priority over the wireless, unless some kind of QoS was setup on the router. Also, you seem to think your FPS in a game is effected by your internet speed? What game are we talking about? I highly doubt your connection speed is the issue. You probably need a new GPU, or in the case of OSRS a new CPU (OSRS does not use the GPU).

As for the networking, you can only have one modem hooked in a typical setup. This is because the modems MAC address is used by the carrier to identify your house and the service it gets. Without spoofing the MAC address (and this would be silly) you would need to pay for another line of service.

You're looking for a router I assume, which is either built into the modem (combos are popular these days), or connects via an Ethernet cable to the modem. This is usually the wireless AP as well. Wireless bandwidth is much less than ethernet (As low as 20Mbps with G, even though its 54Mbps in theory), so this could cause slow downs compared to a wired connection. But as I said above, I doubt the limited bandwidth is your real issue.

Edit: Seeing as you have a 2.21Ghz dual core processor, I assume you are playing OSRS and are having these FPS issues. Its time for a new computer :x That processor is 10 years old!

Edited by Lemons
  • Like 1