Poker

Twin

Who here plays and is actually knowledgeable? I'm currently just breaking even at 1c/2c tables, which is fine because I only started getting more serious about poker about a month ago. I'm currently reading a few books while spending a few hours a day playing 1c/2c tables.

I'm just looking for people to discuss hands/strategies with. Mainly micro stakes players because that's what I'm going to be playing for a long time until I can get my hourly at them to like $1.50 a table.

I don't really play odds, I just play instinct and reads.  IF you are playing online, it is harder to remember what they did that pot where you bet the flop, blah blah blah. 

I've been trying to get more into odds and it seems like I have better luck with that. I lost like 15m on bigboibets just trying to play off my gut, and it wasn't working. It might also be I got smarter with my calls though, and try to think about other players over myself. I've been doing pot odds more or less, that also might be a factor to playing slightly better.

And I wish I could play live poker :( I need to be 21 in my state though.

i used to play online poker a lot not for real money just for fun you get 5k starter chips i eneded up at 200m chips and got bored and yoloed it lol

is bigboybets legit? i would like to try it but have a feeling its rigged as fuck or just a scam

Edited by PurpleWard

what website do you play poker on?do you use any kind of software to track your hands?

I'm using betonlines poker client right now. It's a bit sketchy since it's offshores. It was the only site you could pay with BTC though. I didn't want to have to give a bunch of random Argentinians (no offense to anyone from there) my social security number.

And I'm not using anything to track my hands, but it looks like they have it built in on this client.

i used to play online poker a lot not for real money just for fun you get 5k starter chips i eneded up at 200m chips and got bored and yoloed it lol

is bigboybets legit? i would like to try it but have a feeling its rigged as fuck or just a scam

As for cashing in/out its totally fine. I'm not too sure if it's rigged or not. There was some kind of sketchy shit involving fresh accounts on there that would play perfectly, so i'm not sure if the software had loopholes or it was just a shark playing on different accounts so people don't leave the table while they're at one.

Im not sure what state you're in that allows online gambling for cash (Its only Nevada/New Jersey i think? Don't quote me) or if you're in another country but either way i like sticking to free poker (aka full tilt) or the RS poker sites. I consider myself an average player since ive won a decent amount of tourneys on tokenbets, although they we're free entry.

I use a mix of odds and gut when i play. I've never really studied hands or anything at all and i mostly go off different charts on when to play hands and win percentages. Although a lot of the time i stay in on hands i probably shouldnt as long as my stack is big enough to support the blinds and play extremely cautiously. I notice a lot of plays bluffing with shit hands or calling bluffs with horrible hands. I feel a lot of newbies make the mistake thinking they go in as many hands as they can and that everyone else is going in as much as they recklessly do. Idk man. Im just speaking from anecdotal crap and off of no real knowledge behind the math.

EDIT: Realized you said you're using offshore sites. Man i'd be real real careful. I would just stick to the well known poker RS sites because they pay out and its much lower of a chance with getting in trouble with the law in anyway.

Edited by Based

Im not sure what state you're in that allows online gambling for cash (Its only Nevada/New Jersey i think? Don't quote me) or if you're in another country but either way i like sticking to free poker (aka full tilt) or the RS poker sites. I consider myself an average player since ive won a decent amount of tourneys on tokenbets, although they we're free entry.

I use a mix of odds and gut when i play. I've never really studied hands or anything at all and i mostly go off different charts on when to play hands and win percentages. Although a lot of the time i stay in on hands i probably shouldnt as long as my stack is big enough to support the blinds and play extremely cautiously. I notice a lot of plays bluffing with shit hands or calling bluffs with horrible hands. I feel a lot of newbies make the mistake thinking they go in as many hands as they can and that everyone else is going in as much as they recklessly do. Idk man. Im just speaking from anecdotal crap and off of no real knowledge behind the math.

EDIT: Realized you said you're using offshore sites. Man i'd be real real careful. I would just stick to the well known poker RS sites because they pay out and its much lower of a chance with getting in trouble with the law in anyway.

Poker isn't illegal in my state, so long as the site doesn't have a rake. And the site I'm using doesn't rake, they just have a withdraw fee. I've read tons of reviews and it seems like no one has had an issue with them paying out. There's a chance that they will eventually take the money and run, but if they keep making money I don't think that will happen. I'm assuming once poker stars comes back to the US they might be taking their money since no one is going to bother using sketchy Ass off shore sites over stars.