If it is Thursday, and the bot doesn't work, please read this before reporting an error

mrzoro35

Every week I see this. So here is a nice easy thread for all the people who don't understand or for those who are too stupid/lazy to read the FAQ:

EVERY Thursday Jagex will update RuneScape. When RS is updated, the bot then has to be tweaked to the update for whatever may have changed in the game. SO with that being said...

PLEASE STOP MAKING 10 "BOT IS BROKEN OMG WTFFFF" THREADS EVERY WEEK.

This really shouldn't need to be said as this answered at least 5 times every Thursday AND it clearly states in the FAQ "99% of the time if the bot is offline it is due to an update". Please just for the love of God. They know it is broken, just give it a day. You will survive one day/a few hours without OSBot facep.giffacep.giffacep.gif

it would help if it said bot is offline.. it says online since it went down its been 5 hours if it said offline im pretty sure half the kids wouldbe calm

This is a good point, but really shouldn't be necessary. I'm 99.9999999% sure the devs are more focused on trying to get the bot back online than they are worried about changing the status of the forums. Not to mention they may not even be able to start working on the update as soon as RS updates. They could be in opposite time zones.

Plus Thursdays the bot won't work. I feel the online/offline status is more for the circumstance the bot breaks for an unexpected reason. It should be universally known that on Thursdays, the bot is down. Period.

• Like 1

This is a good point, but really shouldn't be necessary. I'm 99.9999999% sure the devs are more focused on trying to get the bot back online than they are worried about changing the status of the forums. Not to mention they may not even be able to start working on the update as soon as RS updates. They could be in opposite time zones.

Plus Thursdays the bot won't work. I feel the online/offline status is more for the circumstance the bot breaks for an unexpected reason. It should be universally known that on Thursdays, the bot is down. Period.

Agreed. However, I think a lot of bot users are total scrubs to the bot development process. They might not be able to rationalize that the platform needs to be updated every Thursday. Call it being naiive. 

Either way, typically how long does it take for the devs to make the necessary changes?

• Like 1

Agreed. However, I think a lot of bot users are total scrubs to the bot development process. They might not be able to rationalize that the platform needs to be updated every Thursday. Call it being naiive. 

Either way, typically how long does it take for the devs to make the necessary changes?

You need not know ANYTHING about the process to understand that the bot is down on Thursdays due to updates. If you cannot comprehend that one day out of the week the bot is down, regardless of reason, you are a fucking retard facep.gif (not you personally, you as in a general statement) Plus people post without reading other threads. If these noobies would just take 5 seconds to read the other 10 posts in this category, they would see there is no need to post another one.

As far as how long it takes: couldn't tell you. That depends on many many different things. But typically they work out all the bugs within 24 hours.