Paint.NET tutorials - A free alternative to Photoshop

Vag

What is Paint.NET?

It's a free, closed source image editor. There are hundreds, maybe even thousands of plugins for Paint.NET.

Why to use Paint.NET?

We want to create quality graphics without supporting pirated copies. Paint.NET is a great alternative to Photoshop, and is a lot more easier for newbies to use what for example Gimp is.

Where to get Paint.NET?

getPaint.NET

Lesson one - Simple user avatar for OSBot

Step 1. File -> New

cd9186703e3eeb39ffb4789941ad7e4d.png

Step 2. Choosing a background color for our avatar

89a1d4802d5602bccfd131134b837a83.gif

Step 3. Select 'Paint Bucket' -tool from the toolbox and apply the color you just chose to your avatar. I chose a shade of light blue.

Now we also need to look for theme for your avatar. I chose Debian my self, so I went a ahead and used Google image-search to 

find a nice logo for my avatar. After you found a image you are willing to use, create a new Layer from the layers menu, and click the blue arrow to move that layer below Background.. Now, click again on the background layer and select properties, and adjust the opacity of that layer (explained in the GIF below)

b8cc7ef2e48b7d276d4f828d4a530a49.gif

(You can add a solid black (HEX 181818) layer below Layer 2 to simulate how your avatar would look in OSBot)

Step 3. Adding a border to our avatar.. I personally often prefer a 6 pixels wide border.. Select the 'Shapes' tool from your toolbox, zoom in a bit and hold Shift key to make the borders perfect ;)

95bda5a18db4dc9be365c92ea43959df.gif

Step 5. Adding your name in it.. You can browse DaFont for free fonts, and select a font you want to use. I already got a font I am going to use. Just create a new layer for your name, fix it within the canvas, and if you like you can also add a little bit of opacity to your

name..

What we finished with:

4a287639d288166d768a63bdfbd8e063.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Night locked this topic