When was the post count requirement to sell accounts removed?

Varc

yah i was a little curious about it myself ohmy.png

I made exactly the same topic with nearly the same question a few weeks ago!

I still thinks it's bad...

The problem is not only the new members joining who will be tempted to scam, but new members who have no market experience who are open to be scammed.

@Maldesto bro whats this about?

• Like 1

The problem is not only the new members joining who will be tempted to scam, but new members who have no market experience who are open to be scammed.

@Maldesto bro whats this about?

the idea behind it , i believe was so members could purchase accounts without having 100 post and the sellers still had to have their threads approved by staff and the staff wouldnt approve people who didn't meet the requirement but shit hit the fan and everyone's gets approved

the idea behind it , i believe was so members could purchase accounts without having 100 post and the sellers still had to have their threads approved by staff and the staff wouldnt approve people who didn't meet the requirement but shit hit the fan and everyone's gets approved

Everyone hungry for them mod logs lol

I believe it was done as a way to stop the influx of spam from new users trying to manipulate post counts.

Yeah that's a pain in the ass for mods but surely its better capping someones post count than members of the community being scammed + if you were a new member and you were scammed; surely that would deter you from revisiting the site?

• Like 1

Everyone hungry for them mod logs lol

Yeah that's a pain in the ass for mods but surely its better capping someones post count than members of the community being scammed + if you were a new member and you were scammed; surely that would deter you from revisiting the site?

It wasn't really for the mod's sake if I recall correctly. I think it was done primarily because it was very considered off-putting to go to any thread and have the same user posting irrelevant/weak post on every one of them. That could just as easily be off putting from visiting a site as is getting scammed(depending on the severity of the two). It's worse when spam like the above is done in unison, and it may even resemble bots used to bolster activity forum(which to my knowledge OSBot doesn't condone).

These regulations may have been put in place to protect members but at the end of the day, whether an individual gets scammed or not can simply be boiled down to personal responsibility. If you see a good account thread for a sale, and the user is relatively new it's important for users to decide for themselves that this may not be the most secure transaction. At the end of the day, there will always be scammers and scam victims, whether or not there are these regulations in place. On the other hand, there will be significantly less new users spam posting without the post count restriction and probably a very tiny increase in scams in general(but without the regulations in play now, users will need to be extra cautious and this may lessen scams too).

• Like 1

• Administrator

I believe it was done as a way to stop the influx of spam from new users trying to manipulate post counts.

+  i think its up to the user to buy/sell from people, if they are dumb enough to buy from someone who just joined with 1 post, that is on them. We still have it approved based, so we approve the ones with about 80 posts and 2 years old registration, but not new people with 1 post.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...