What to do when your script is complete

bparty

hey guys I'm just looking for some tips on what to do after you're script is complete. I know it would benefit me and hopefully other people.  edited: so yeah I'm new to scripting and I've also have seen a lot of new scripters who just got into osbot so I'm trying to make a faq type thing on how to help myself and others on what to do after they finished writing an unflawed script!

what I'm interested in learning

creating a local script

-where to upload jar files to.

-what site do you use to check viruses to ensure script users are getting a clean file?

-what should I put on my local script thread?

updating local scripts

-how often do you update ids?

-how do people w/ previous versions of your jar update?

-anything else important to know with updating scripts?

sdn

-how would you be able to get your script on sdn?

-can you put a script on sdn that is already on sdn?  ie 2 different fletching scripts

premium scripts

-is it only for sdns?

-how exactly do you make money from it?

-if you can make a premium local script how would you go about doing that?

like I said I'm asking these questions out of curiousity for myself and other scripters on the site.

please anwser questions below and I can add them under the questions so it could be like a FAQ sort of, and ask any questions that you would want to know

creating a local script

-where to upload jar files to. MediaFire/Mega/Your own web host

-what site do you use to check viruses to ensure script users are getting a clean file? You can't virus scan a .jar but if they think you can, google VirusTotal

-what should I put on my local script thread? What your script's about e.g what it does, where it does it, why it was made, how long it took, and cool features

updating local scripts

-how often do you update ids? Use names to define objects instead of IDs Jagex keep changing them around.

-how do people w/ previous versions of your jar update? Not lately at the moment - too many people coming over to visit for summer.

-anything else important to know with updating scripts? You need to make the update thing yourself or get one from the Snippets area.

sdn

-how would you be able to get your script on sdn?  Send it to an admin and ask them to check it/Upload it

-can you put a script on sdn that is already on sdn?  ie 2 different fletching scripts Yes

premium scripts

-is it only for sdns? I think it's for Scriptwriters only (check the link Led posted)

-how exactly do you make money from it? When you sell it OSBot gets some money and you get the rest.

-if you can make a premium local script how would you go about doing that? It's against the rules to sell privately but you would need a login server to verify whether they are premium or not.

Hope that helps,

Graphical

• Like 1

hey guys I'm just looking for some tips on what to do after you're script is complete. I know it would benefit me and hopefully other people.  edited: so yeah I'm new to scripting and I've also have seen a lot of new scripters who just got into osbot so I'm trying to make a faq type thing on how to help myself and others on what to do after they finished writing an unflawed script!

what I'm interested in learning

creating a local script

-where to upload jar files to. -Mediafire is one, but there are many more.

-what site do you use to check viruses to ensure script users are getting a clean file? -Virustotal

-what should I put on my local script thread? -Link, description, pictures, bugs, changelogs, etc

updating local scripts

-how often do you update ids? -Whenever they are broken. I am sure people will complain or just not use IDs at all.

-how do people w/ previous versions of your jar update? -They just replace the jar.

-anything else important to know with updating scripts? -Update the version number?

sdn

-how would you be able to get your script on sdn? -Contact Maxi and hopefully he responds.

-can you put a script on sdn that is already on sdn?  ie 2 different fletching scripts -Yes.

premium scripts

-is it only for sdns? -Yes.

-how exactly do you make money from it? -Just inform the admins and if they think it is a good script, you can sell it.

-if you can make a premium local script how would you go about doing that? -You cannot or at least that is what I am aware of. In a way it is a private script. Ask the admins to double check.

like I said I'm asking these questions out of curiousity for myself and other scripters on the site.

please anwser questions below and I can add them under the questions so it could be like a FAQ sort of, and ask any questions that you would want to know

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...