need help buying a new computer

NoahTheWeebWolf

My budget is no more than $500.

I am looking for something that can handle all the basic functions of a computer(internet,writing papers, etc). However, I also want something that can easily handle playing games like runescape(especially handle multiple mirror clients). I also would prefer that this computer has a good size hard drive(like 500gb or so). Also I prefer windows 7; I don't really want anything later, and I don't like macs.

My old computer is a piece of crap that had 111gb hard drive, could only handle one mirror client, doesn't even have a disc drive and is now falling apart(the screen won't even stay up anymore). Classes  begin in 4 days so this is very urgent.

Please let me know what price range i could expect to pay for the desired computer and what computer would be a good fit.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

What I did was purchase one of these super cheap refurbished office PCs off of eBay. I added some RAM, a new CPU, and a graphics card (total cost estimating £200 now or around $320 I think?), can run Skyrim perfectly fine on high settings, same with all the games I own. With the left over money, you could probably invest in a larger HDD (I'd say go with an SSHD if you want faster speeds), and save the rest of your money for other things :)

• Like 1

What I did was purchase one of these super cheap refurbished office PCs off of eBay. I added some RAM, a new CPU, and a graphics card (total cost estimating £200 now or around $320 I think?), can run Skyrim perfectly fine on high settings, same with all the games I own. With the left over money, you could probably invest in a larger HDD (I'd say go with an SSHD if you want faster speeds), and save the rest of your money for other things smile.png

That's good advice and I am thankful but I need a new computer asap. I also lack the skill with hardware to assemble a computer so this is not an option for me.

I need something I can buy immediately(money isn't the issue here).

Honestly you would still get it cheaper if you buy the parts separate and just bring it in to a store to put together+you get better performace. 

The AMD Processor is better for multitasking like botting while you can substitute it for an intel i5 which is better for gaming.

This current build could play games pretty well. An example is it will run BF4 on Ultra from 48-60 fps. If you want you can invest $30 more and get a r9 270x while will increase your performace.

Edited by Definite