Build me a gaming computer.

Definite

Unless you currently have or plan to get a monitor with a 120-240 Hz refresh rate, buying a GPU to meet that 220+ FPS goal is just going to be a waste (more expensive GPU, more expensive PSU and more expensive cooling). 

Edit: nvm, didn't see the post about your monitor :p

Edited by Botre
  • Like 2

Well, r9 390x seems to be perfom better only in 4k resolution, other then that.

Some people have posted on different forums that you'll get only 60 fps @very high settings/not ultra @1080p@GTA V

So i would say go with the dual gtx 960s and they take less power tho.

And .. 2 cards look sexies tho :doge:

Edited by iJodix

Well, r9 390x seems to be perfom better only in 4k resolution, other then that.

Some people have posted on different forums that you'll get only 60 fps @very high settings/not ultra @1080p@GTA V

So i would say go with the dual gtx 960s and they take less power tho.

And .. 2 cards look sexies tho doge.png

2 cards do look super sexi, but I think I would go with an r9 390 or gtx 970 over dual cards, because crossfiring dual cards does not provide as much of a performance boost as a single lets say GTX 970. R9 390 has 8gb vram which is great for future proofing, while GTX 970 has 4gb and has show issues in performance once you start reaching 3.5gb. Also I am pretty sure an r9 390 comes out cheaper. Other then that the build you linked has an i5-4590k. I was thinking the i5-4590k or i7-3770k since my current family computer has that and ill switch it out for a shittier cpu and they wont notice I bet, since all they do is use google or watch movies and a few simple programs.

2 cards do look super sexi, but I think I would go with an r9 390 or gtx 970 over dual cards, because crossfiring dual cards does not provide as much of a performance boost as a single lets say GTX 970. R9 390 has 8gb vram which is great for future proofing, while GTX 970 has 4gb and has show issues in performance once you start reaching 3.5gb. Also I am pretty sure an r9 390 comes out cheaper. Other then that the build you linked has an i5-4590k. I was thinking the i5-4590k or i7-3770k since my current family computer has that and ill switch it out for a shittier cpu and they wont notice I bet, since all they do is use google or watch movies and a few simple programs.

Well, 2x 960's definetly get you more perfomance then single GTX 970/R9 390 but 390x/Gtx 970 are both great cards too :p

• Like 1