SOTM #1 Theme Bidding

Dex

Introducing the Bidding War

To make the SOTM more interesting we will start it off with a 3 day bidding war, this means that whoever bids the highest amount will get to decide what the theme for the SOTM will be and have the option to make the participants include the name of the highest bidder in the design, this amount will eventually go to the winner of the event. The theme will have to be approved by me to avoid troll suggestions.

Currencies

On the bidding we will only be accepting oldschool RSGP and credits through the OSBot voucher system, PayPal will not be accepted to avoid dealing with chargebacks. The current average rate of Oldschool RSGP/dollar is $1.5/1M.

Customize Your Request

To make things a little bit more interesting for the people bidding, starting from $30+ the higest bidder will have the ability to request a custom design to their liking. This will have to be approved by me first to keep things realistically and within the range of the correct pricing.

More information regarding the participating designers, the actual design rules and prizes will follow tomorrow!

Please note that currently this event is still in an experimental phase and based on the suggestions of the community.

Bids can be posted below, let the bidding begin!

• Like 3

I suggest making the winner of the bidding if the theme is for example a regular sig to have his name as the text for it therefor he will be able to get out with a signature.

I'm not sure if I understood that correctly? You mean the designers using their own name instead of the name of the guy with the highest bid to avoid scamming or ripping? If it's that you're trying to say, they can always watermark if they want.

I'm not sure if I understood that correctly? You mean the designers using their own name instead of the name of the guy with the highest bid to avoid scamming or ripping? If it's that you're trying to say, they can always watermark if they want.

No i meant using the name of the bidding winner as the text used in the SOTM, that way he can use it meaning it encourages the people to bid

This is extremely confusing. Why would someone bid just to make the theme their way? Could just be me though

I suggest keeping it old school

You should see that as a sort of donation, I've had a lot of PM's regarding the SOTW not being hosted for a while from both designers and non designers being very interested as well. So if there's the interest from people I'm sure some people are willing to bid on having the theme their way and donating to the cause? I could be completely off though, this is more of an experiment, if no bids are made I guess I'll have to rework all of this again.

No i meant using the name of the bidding winner as the text used in the SOTM, that way he can use it meaning it encourages the people to bid

Ohh like that, yeah I'll edit that now. That might encourage more bidders.

• Like 1

This is extremely confusing. Why would someone bid just to make the theme their way? Could just be me though

I suggest keeping it old school

I assume what @Dex means is the highest bidder picks the theme and the prize fund goes to the winner, this would mean more applicants/higher quality and the bidder should end up with a dope ass sig.

Tbh, this idea seems really dumb... Why not have a poll for every SOTM/W for voting on the theme for the next one? I get if that a highest bidder produces a theme that a designer doesn't like, they don't have to enter but, why do we need to bid on a theme? Sure, winning the gold/credit is nice, but I don't think its necessary for a SOTM theme.

• Like 2

Tbh, this idea seems really dumb... Why not have a poll for every SOTM/W for voting on the theme for the next one? I get if that a highest bidder produces a theme that a designer doesn't like, they don't have to enter but, why do we need to bid on a theme? Sure, winning the gold/credit is nice, but I don't think its necessary for a SOTM theme.

Like I said, this is something experimental based on the things suggested to me, I've been told that the lack of rewards were the cause of the sheer amount of entries thus there not being enough motivation to participate. If this doesn't work out we'll have to go back to the oldschool way or have no SOTM at all. Currently I was about to switch between a bidding war and the oldschool way of determining the themes every month as in voting on the theme like you suggested, because obviously there will always be people complaining. However I wanted to test this first, hence the note of it being in an experimental phase.
  • Like 1

Like I said, this is something experimental based on the things suggested to me, I've been told that the lack of rewards were the cause of the sheer amount of entries thus there not being enough motivation to participate. If this doesn't work out we'll have to go back to the oldschool way or have no SOTM at all. Currently I was about to switch between a bidding war and the oldschool way of determining the themes every month as in voting on the theme like you suggested, because obviously there will always be people complaining. However I wanted to test this first, hence the note of it being in an experimental phase.

Yeah, I understand it's experimental and all.

It just seems like this was the only the idea that seems to have been 'implemented', there was no mention of all the other ideas such as a SOTM winner userbar, name glow, signature showcase on the main forum, etc., etc.

Yeah, I understand it's experimental and all.

It just seems like this was the only the idea that seems to have been 'implemented', there was no mention of all the other ideas such as a SOTM winner userbar, name glow, signature showcase on the main forum, etc., etc.

Those were definitely considered as well, a thread regarding the prizes will be posted later today. Not sure if you read the thread properly? This thread is only regarding the bidding.