paypal is great

Rekke

I was talking to a PayPal representative on the phone regarding transactions of intangible goods (e.g Advertising other bots isn't allowed., Websites, Domains, Servers etc)

I was told that NO MATTER WHAT NO EXCEPTIONS (yeah I fuckin argued with the guy on the phone) that if the goods are 

intangible, if you file an unauthorized access dispute you will always win, even if there is no proof to suggest that it was unauthorized. According to the person on PayPal. "If there is no proof of shipment you will always win"

excuse me? 

If what he has said here is true, does this mean large organizations like GoDaddy and Steam that only sell virtual goods are completely unprotected and will always lose disputes of unauthorized claim?

does anyone know if this is true? I mean, I told the person on the phone "so what you're telling me is, large businesses that only sell virtual goods are 100% completely unprotected?" 

and he kept telling me his answer has not changed, indicating that yes they will always lose a dispute, which is straight up fucking ludicrous. 

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by Rekke
  • Like 1

The thing about disputing Steam.. you will get instantly banned after doge.png

that's the thing though, I'm struggling to understand how these online eCommerce businesses can run if apparently all disputes will be won agaisnt them if there is no proof of shipment (can't be proof if its intangible goods either lol)

i was almost abusing the guy on paypal about it, christ.

that's the thing though, I'm struggling to understand how these online eCommerce businesses can run if apparently all disputes will be won agaisnt them if there is no proof of shipment (can't be proof if its intangible goods either lol)

i was almost abusing the guy on paypal about it, christ.

Its sad yeah and thats why most eCommerce businesses use invoices.. thats the "most" proof they can get

There are some cases where you can win unauthorised disputes, however they are rare. Companies like Steam can just take away whatever they bought, so it is no problem for them to lose out on $10 from sales of a product which can have infinite sales. If you have a business account, you are actually more likely to win disputes (in what I've seen, at least).