I think I'm in love.

The_Red_Flag

So I decided to buy a Refurbished Lenovo D20 for $350 shipped on ebay. It arrived today... biggrin.png It has one x5670 xeon hex core 12 thread CPU. Oh and another CPU socket so I'll upgrade soon. Anyways, I'd like to share the usage of running one bot (I'll add more later)

Commence jaw dropping.

756600dede0842bcdacd1229a41495f1.png

Yes that's correct. One RS (OSBUDDY) client and one OSBot Mirror mode client running use a combined average of 14% CPU. wub.png wub.png wub.png

I made a good choice.

Feel free to ask any questions, also if anyone else is looking to do the same thing, I think they have more of the same computer.

• Like 4

Hey, what kind of graphics card does this machine use? How many bots can you run in total without lagging?

I'm really really interested in this idea. I was debating buying an i7 for botting but this seems like a much more efficient way of doing things.

Please give me a bit more info!

Since you added my skype but we've both been busy, I'll post some here. 

Graphics card is some like early gen Radeon card. 256MB memory. Graphics do not matter as java is driven 99% off of CPU. From things I've seen higher core count helps a lot. So even this older generation socket 1366 CPU is much more powerful than my similarly spec'd (In basic PC benchmarks) i5 3570k due to it's 12 logical cores vs the i5's 4. 

I managed to get up to 3 bots on the machine yesterday, utilizing about 50-60% of the CPU. I should also mention that it was running a VM with one bot. The VM's usage was ~25% and the usage for 2 bots without the VM is still around 25%. So it looks like running a VM adds about 17.,5% CPU usage (Windows 8.1 Pro).

I should also say RAM usage is pretty high with all the VM's. I'd recommend 16GB.

BONUS: This is the machine ripping a DVD.

54099527d0e5c6809f654106a56114e7.png

Edited by The_Red_Flag

Since you added my skype but we've both been busy, I'll post some here. 

Graphics card is some like early gen Radeon card. 256MB memory. Graphics do not matter as java is driven 99% off of CPU. From things I've seen higher core count helps a lot. So even this older generation socket 1366 CPU is much more powerful than my similarly spec'd (In basic PC benchmarks) i5 3570k due to it's 12 logical cores vs the i5's 4. 

I managed to get up to 3 bots on the machine yesterday, utilizing about 50-60% of the CPU. I should also mention that it was running a VM with one bot. The VM's usage was ~25% and the usage for 2 bots without the VM is still around 25%. So it looks like running a VM adds about 17.,5% CPU usage (Windows 8.1 Pro).

I should also say RAM usage is pretty high with all the VM's. I'd recommend 16GB.

BONUS: This is the machine ripping a DVD.

54099527d0e5c6809f654106a56114e7.png

Where did you get this from? Im in dire need of a new pc