For all you fitness heads out there.

Pecman

I have a simple question. Let's say you figure out your calories ( I found mine and subtracted 500 so i can go into calorie deficit to start cutting ). I found how much protein fat carbs i need bla bla. My question is what're the steps to track these? For example, i want to eat like a bowl of oat meal, do i get like a food scale and use some type of app to find exactly how much carbs protein fat it has?

I don't think calculating the calories of every food you eat is necessary.

If you want to lose weight, eat smaller portions, lower your sugar and sodium intake.

Thanks for this but I'm looking to optimize my cutting results and counting macros is the most efficient way ( and the best )

Myfitness pal is a great app that i've been using for around a year! Almost every food can be looked up and logged in the applications very easily. If you are cutting, a food scale is an absolute necessity because every calorie counts. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me, currently 6 weeks in to my current cut.

Edited by yellow123

Myfitness pal is a great app that i've been using for around a year! Almost every food can be looked up and logged in the applications very easily. If you are cutting, a food scale is an absolute necessity because every calorie counts. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me, currently 6 weeks in to my current cut.

completely agree, great app :) really useful for tracking minerals too if you're trying to monitor those 

do you have a skype?

Idk how it is where you live but in Sweden there's nutrition info on everything you buy. For RAW oatmeal it's like 300 calorier per 100grams, I just put it on a kitchen scale, weigh up around 50g = 150 calories (cant remember exact amount of carbs, proteins etc). Then put it in a bowl, add water n a little salt and shove it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and eat.

Same goes with all other foods, always calculate the raw weight since a lot of foods tend to get heavier or lighter when cooking so your calculations would be off if you weight shit when it's already cooked.

+ a protein shake to go with it for ~30g of proteins and that's my breakfast. Around 300 calories, 30g proteins, 30ish carbs. Do the same with every meal and put together a nice plan for yourself. :)