Safety Guide for the Paranoid

ScorpioZ

So lately people have been posting that they've been getting hacked

Which is in no way connected to OSBot, any hackings are the users own fault through other means not through OSBot

And it's getting kind of annoying, so I figured I'd throw this together to help paranoid people avoid this

Let's get a few things straight first:

Firstly...when you start up the bot you DO NOT have to enter your account information. Even if you decide to do this, OSBot does not have access to these files as they are encrypted locally on your computer This has been verified by , an OSBot Administrator

1. There is no way a hacker could steal your RS Account information. We do not store it in our servers at all. We do not send it through a connection in any way. If someone "hacked our client," they would have to first steal our unobfuscated client directly off of the developers computers, change the code, remove our security methods, then upload the link via the site. The chances of this happening are about.. 0%

Secondly, you DO NOT have to include your account information while running a script. When you are prompted for which account to use while running the bot, simply click this button:

c220909ac715f3a5dece79315322915b.png

It's really not complicated. Except the only downside to selecting 'None' is that if your account somehow gets logged out the bot will not be able to log back in automatically, and thus you will be stuck in the login screen.

Will probably add more to this later when I see more people accusing OSBot of 'hacking' them through different ways. It's impossible for OSBot to hack you, and with over 3000 people using this bot, do you really think any admins will give a crap about your 4m bank? Na.

Have a nice day. This is a serious guide, just sort of unfinished as of yet.

Edited by ScorpioZ
  • Like 1

While the OSBot admins wouldn't hack an individual user, if the OSBot client got hacked, like what happened a year (or was it two?) ago at a different prominent botting site by a user named gh0st, your account could potentially get hacked.

There is no way a hacker could steal your RS Account information. We do not store it in our servers at all. We do not send it through a connection in any way. If someone "hacked our client," they would have to first steal our unobfuscated client directly off of the developers computers, change the code, remove our security methods, then upload the link via the site. The chances of this happening are about.. 0%

• Like 1

i remember gh0st. he was on p****bot, rsbuddy. **** survived lol.

at the end, we found out that gh0st was the owner of rsbuddy.

developer of the site

therefore, he claimed to a ''friend'' of him he wasnt happy with the members on the site.

stating he wished for MORE donations or something like that

there was proof, and im sure there still is when you search it up on google. [i prefer to leave all this behind]

i find it a , how should i state it..a very sad story.

jagex offered him a job as anti bot coder/whatever shit its called. and he agreed on that.

then the site was shut down. jagex found a way to do that and thats all i know about it.

im sure alot of people know about this story but dont know alot of the details that were going on.

its just sad..

While the OSBot admins wouldn't hack an individual user, if the OSBot client got hacked, like what happened a year (or was it two?) ago at a different prominent botting site by a user named gh0st, your account could potentially get hacked.

There is no way a hacker could steal your RS Account information. We do not store it in our servers at all. We do not send it through a connection in any way. If someone "hacked our client," they would have to first steal our unobfuscated client directly off of the developers computers, change the code, remove our security methods, then upload the link via the site. The chances of this happening are about.. 0%

Of course it's near 0%, just playing devils advocate to not entirely rule out the possibility :P. Thanks for the comforting words.

• Like 1