Scamming allowed because of TOS?

I have recently encountered a TOS that allows usesr to scam. 

1) You must have all skills required.

2) No refunds are given if you decide to cancel the order once I have started.

3) You must have ALL of the items required along with food, weapons and potions.

4)The service must be paid in full and upfront or we can use an OMM (potential fees on you).

5) I am not responsible for any infractions on your account that may occur during the service.

6) You must must use a temporary password while the service is being done and change it within 12h of completion.

7) I recommend moving any wealth that you have on the account to a different one or protect it with a bank pin while the service is being done.

8) If any account details are changed or you log onto the account while the service is being done (without my permission) the order will be cancelled immediately without a refund.

9) By agreeing to the terms above you allow me and any of my potential workers to have access to your account while the service is being done. 

10) If you break the ToS the order will be cancelled with no refund.

As you see in that TOS, if you forget a raw shark, or some stats etc, he can canel your order...  Then refering to his final rule #10 he does not need to refund you.  So therefor can do no work, and just keep your money smile.png  That rule has been approved by a super mod. 

What is my role in this? Well, I was scammed.  I have been speaking to multiple mods with no real answers...  This is what the scammer says: 

895693f33475a80f5fefb733a55dde36.png004192450ddb616d2a700b2913b09d97.png

As this screenshot shows, he believes his TOS allows him to scam.

The mod I got to reply has said (I edited out his name because I do like them...)

34bb381621714b21bf426b85237cf609.png

The mod(s) and users seem to be on a different page...  The mods seem to think the TOS doesn't matter, and "global rules?" override it, but then why approve it?  Either way, I got scammed and I just hope nobody else does but the mods do not seem to care, and the user is fine with just taking others money.  What is the communities opponion?

Edited by SupremeLeader
  • Like 1

Should be refunded seen as he knew your  stats and stuff before you paid and he said fk all. imo

I agree with this, and also he threatened earlier to stop my whole order because I got all the required items except 1 raw shark and he would of kept all the money and acted like I should be thankful he continued with my order lmao...  This is just a major loophole, he could technically just drop an item, then you do not have the "required items", cancel your order and keep your money with no work done.

• Like 1

What a dick head. And yea dumb move by whoever approved the TOS but shit happens and it was probably a slip up. 

Who's service was it so I can avoid them. 

I will not state the service our of respect, but if you wish to search it up you may.  PLease do not post the service link as I wish to keep this professional.   The mod I showed screenshots of, was the mod who approved his "updated" TOS.  So, I am not sure what to take as I have brought it to the staff atention almost 24 hours and as you saw in that convo... He did not seem to care about it.

Shouldn't be allowed, the Global rules even say that TOS shouldn't be a way to scam.

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/55805-global-osbot-terms-of-service-must-read/

51aca0217cb9f3bf077729b2c30e7452.png

That is exactly what I said/thought. I am not sure to why the updated TOS was accepted...

We are playing fucking runescape for god sakes. Nobody should be able to say "If you don't have this one item or one level, I will keep your money."

If you pay someone for a service and you don't have the requirements and the person providing the service states you should have the requirements, then yes you should have them because it's just simply annoying not to, but if you payed and no service was actually started and the person realizes you don't have everything needed to complete it BEFORE they start, they should simply give back your money and ignore you in the future for wasting their time.

Being able to say "wow this guy doesn't have 1 woodcutting level so as soon as he pays me the 10M for the service I'm just gonna tell him he doesn't have all the requirements so he broke my T.O.S and now I'm gonna keep his money."

Again, this applies if no service was actually started. If someone is 12 hours into something and then they realize they can't go on because the person didn't have everything ready for them, then it's a different story.

Edited by irwtonrs1

We are playing fucking runescape for god sakes. Nobody should be able to say "If you don't have this one item or one level, I will keep your money."

If you pay someone for a service and you don't have the requirements and the person providing the service states you should have the requirements, then yes you should have them because it's just simply annoying not to, but if you payed and no service was actually started and the person realizes you don't have everything needed to complete it, they should simply give back your money and ignore you in the future for wasting their time.

Being able to say "wow this guy doesn't have 1 woodcutting level so as soon as he pays me the 10M for the service I'm just gonna tell him he doesn't have all the requirements so he broke my T.O.S and now I'm gonna keep his money."

Again, this applies if no service was actually started. If someone is 12 hours into something and then they realize they can't go on because the person didn't have everything ready for them, then it's a different story.

Asked me for Recruitment drive, MM, Fremmy trials, did the first two and was halfway through the last one when I couldn't get further. He's making it seem like I logged on his acc "OOH, you're missing a bucket, TY FOR 4M"

So I actually wasted time on it and turned down an offer from Swindle because I was busy with his order.

Edited by LeBron