Windows 7 vs 8.1

Oliver

Heres my opinion Oliver:

its worth going Windows 7 because Windows 8 just sucks a shit load of dick.

But yeah once Win 10 comes out, don't hesitate to upgrade, it's awesome.

facep.gif

Could we at least get some reasons why you think Windows 8.1 sucks so much? From what I've researched, less memory usage, better mutlicore support... Haven't heard much bad about Windows 8.1 other than lack of support for legacy apps and games.

Also, how could you give an opinion on Windows 10 if you haven't even used it yet? Why should people 'not hesitate to upgrade'?

Edited by fixthissite

facep.gif

Could we at least get some reasons why you think Windows 8.1 sucks so much? From what I've researched, less memory usage, better mutlicore support... Haven't heard much bad about Windows 8.1 other than lack of support for legacy apps and games.

Also, how could you give an opinion on Windows 10 if you haven't even used it yet? Why should people 'not hesitate to upgrade'?

I used the developer preview, and from what I had experienced it was very slick and nice.

Reason I dislike windows 8.0 was mainly because of its really shocking launch, and its differences to windows 7.

Win 10 brings back the windows 7 feel, while keeping the functionality of windows 8.1 features like the start page, etc.

Opinion? + SSD and Ram upgrade of course

1400€

cdf1ab467173b59835c113a2b0185618.png

CPU is great.

The cooler is underwhelming at best, that thing came out 6 years ago, and cooling technology had changed drastically.

The mobo is perfectly fine if not a bit too high end for your needs.

RAM is perfectly fine actually, why would you want to upgrade that? xD

GPU is hit or miss, doesn't say which cooler it has which will determine if it's horrible or not.

Personally not keen on the case, I find the HAF "High airflow" cases tend to pick up dust and hold it.

Seems mediocre in areas, since you're paying 1400 euros for it.

I used the developer preview, and from what I had experienced it was very slick and nice.

Reason I dislike windows 8.0 was mainly because of its really shocking launch, and its differences to windows 7.

Win 10 brings back the windows 7 feel, while keeping the functionality of windows 8.1 features like the start page, etc.

From my experience Windows 10 is terrible, I too used the developer preview and found it to be ridiculously inefficient in terms of CPU cycles.

To be quite honest, you're hating on it because it's different, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• Like 1

From my experience Windows 10 is terrible, I too used the developer preview and found it to be ridiculously inefficient in terms of CPU cycles.

To be quite honest, you're hating on it because it's different, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Windows 8 wastes so much resources just so it can look pretty, lets be honest