Mirroring your mouse/keyboard?

irwtonrs1

Okay, I want to start off by saying that I basically have no knowledge of how to script/program/code or any of this type of stuff so I have no idea if what I'm about to say is plausible or not.

We currently have the "mirror client" which in simple terms spoofs Jagex's system to make it seem that you are playing through the web browser or official client instead of through a botting client. It has already proven to be extremely successful with reducing bans although it is indeed still possible to get banned using it. If they aren't detecting accounts by the client, obviously it's through something else.

Now here is why I'm making this thread:

6b4f3d95ae98df51ab68ef5eca6c64f5.png

This is what I'm taking away from the spoiler. Using some sort of physical object to interact with your mouse or keyboard will not result in your account getting banned because something is physically completely the actions. The person asks if it is possible to get banned and is replied with a yes. I'm assuming this is because yes, it is possible to get banned but ONLY if the actions were coming from some sort of program running on your computer.

I'm guessing Jagex's systems can tell if any mouse movements/clicks or key presses come from your actual mouse/keyboard or from an internal program. 

And another photo to back this up a little:

ac296730501afac241788d06819c03fb.png

This one clearly states they detect you by client, which we already know, but he also states if it was automating aspects of your game play.

If it is true they can pick apart whether a mouse/keyboard action came from your actual mouse/keyboard or from a program, is it possible to somehow "mirror" your mouse/keyboard just like we mirror the client?

Again, I have no idea if this is plausible or if it even makes sense but it's something I've been thinking about and want some replies to.

Mirror mode pretty much already takes care of that.

But mirror mode only makes it seem like the account isn't playing on a botting client? From the two photos above it seems like they can tell if actions are physical or not?

If mirror mode spoofs the client I don't see how it also spoofs this?

The guy using the fan mechanism to click alch for him is getting banned because the time between clicks is hardly variable, and this is a developed pattern that can be detected by analysing latency to their servers.

He never said he got banned. He was asking if he would and he said no he wouldn't be.

If you have some physical object clicking your mouse at the exact same intervals in the same exact spot and then have a program do the same exact thing, they will both be flagged for macroing, but the physical object clicking the mouse won't receive a macroing ban. That's what I'm getting from this.

This also goes for AHK. People that use AHK with a 1:1 ratio seem to be fine yet if you bump it up to 2:1 you can get banned. This is because with a 1:1, you are physically pressing a key which returns a single action/movement in game. When you have it on a 2:1 basis, you press a key which performs more than 1 action/movement which they then can tell that YOU didn't physically account for all of the actions completed.

Edited by irwtonrs1

If you have some physical object clicking your mouse at the exact same intervals in the same exact spot and then have a program do the same exact thing, they will both be flagged for macroing, but the physical object clicking the mouse won't receive a macroing ban. That's what I'm getting from this.

Yes it will get banned. These are two different aspects of detection.

1. Jagex can (immediately?) flag a player's account if they log in through any modified client

2. If no third-party software is detected, pattern recognition will be next

The mirror client doesn't spoof anything, it prevents jagex from checking if you are using botting software by taking away their ability to see the programs you are running (that's not exactly how it works, but no need to get more technical than that :p).

Weath is playing mind games, he is obviously not going to tell which clients he can detect and which ones he can't.

Yes it will get banned. These are two different aspects of detection.

1. Jagex can (immediately?) flag a player's account if they log in through any modified client

2. If no third-party software is detected, pattern recognition will be next

Why would it get banned? You are not using any type of software to make the clicks. It is coming from a physical source. Yes it will get detected from the patterns but according to what he said you would not get falsely banned for it.

Why would it get banned? You are not using any type of software to make the clicks. It is coming from a physical source. Yes it will get detected from the patterns but according to what he said you would not get falsely banned for it.

You won't get falsely banned for it,

you 'll rightly get banned for it.

eb9f82a1eba4235108bee5bb00a1a24a.png

Automation and cheating isn't limited to botting :p

This 'physical source' theory isn't worth much, the only way you are 100% safe is if the source is a HUMAN (and not a bot client or... a fan I guess).

• Like 1

You won't get falsely banned for it,

you 'll rightly get banned for it.

eb9f82a1eba4235108bee5bb00a1a24a.png

Automation and cheating isn't limited to botting tongue.png

This 'physical source' theory isn't worth much, the only way you are 100% safe is if the source is a HUMAN (and not a bot client or... a fan I guess).

Cause this. Weath meant you'll get rightly banned for it. What human would click with the same time interval inbetween for thousands of clicks. There doesn't have to be client modification detected to serve a ban in cases where a chronic pattern that is so unhuman has been analysed - they have enough evidence there. That is why "reflection" methods aren't 100% banproof. Script behaviour is still a good factor in detection.