Dispute against Muffins

Swindle

It is with regret that I am opening a dispute against Muffins (http://osbot.org/forum/user/13549-muffins/). Let me preface this by saying that this is not a scam report, but an appeal to the moderators to solve a dispute between the 2 of us. I am told that Muffins is an upstanding member of the community and a reasonable person, however I feel that our exchanges have not reflected this.. he has consistently been difficult to receive a response from, and shows little to no interest in helping to resolve my issues with his service.

I will also state that all conversation has primarily been done through OSBot chat, which I believe mods/admins have access to. A few messages were also exchanged through the forum messenger.

On 03/05/2015 I purchased a VPS from Muffins. This was advertised to me as a Windows VPS capable of running 1 mirror client. The price agreed upon was $15, of which I paid:

66a26a9c2b.png

After some delay, I was given the details to the VPS. Despite his thread clearly stating all VPSes are delivered pre-installed and ready to go, the state of the VPS upon receipt was entirely default. I was to download java/osbot/mirror mode and configure the settings myself.

c9ab28c8a5.png

Taken from http://osbot.org/forum/topic/71497-%E2%98%9E%EF%BE%9F%E3%83%AE%EF%BE%9F%E2%98%9E-muffins-vps-shop-botting-ready-80-fb-fresh-ips-all-types-of-botting-packages-%E2%98%9C%EF%BE%9F%E3%83%AE%EF%BE%9F%E2%98%9C/

After loading runescape through the browser and the mirror mode client, it became evident that this VPS was not as advertised. The game was completely unplayable, I would estimate I was receiving around 3fps. It was to the point where even logging in was difficult. When I finally managed to get a script started, it was running at less than 1/5th of its usual capacity, proving that the issue laid with the VPS and was not a problem my end.

Dissatisfied, I requested that Muffins attempt to receive a refund from his VPS supplier. He said that he would try, and wrote a one line email to their support team.. The following day when I spoke to him, I was told that there were no refunds given. As he could not receive a refund from them, he would not refund me (despite the VPS being NOT as advertised, and unable to run a mirror client). In my eyes, he should be responsible for refunding me at that point, as it is not my responsibility nor my problem that his supplier co-operates with him. However, I continued to attempt to reason.

As the VPS was entirely useless to me at this point, I compromised and went along with the idea of 'upgrading' the VPS, so it would become usable at least. At this point, if I recall correctly, he assured me that it would run a mirror mode client just fine. I reluctantly parted ways with a further $8, totaling $23 sent to Muffins.

aa9c084f4c.png

This morning, I went to test out the new upgraded version of the VPS. Upon finding that it had not improved what-so-ever, I sent Muffins a message:

0bba853501.png

He has since not replied, despite being online all day and speaking in the OSbot chat (http://puu.sh/hCJyl/a3b00addff.jpg). Apparently, his customers do not deserve a response when dissatisfied. I would like to stress that he has been very unco-operative from the beginning, and seems to feel like because he has given me the server details, that is the end of it. Unfortunately, I don't agree, and feel as though I have been ripped off, as I have paid a premium and not received what I was promised in return.

I am sure the moderators will agree that this is no way to conduct business. As I have spent quite some time filing this dispute, I ask that all that review this do so in a non-bias manner, and put themselves in my shoes, as I have now lost out on $23 and received something utterly worthless to me.

I look forward to you assisting in this dispute.

Thanks,

Swindle.

Edited by Swindle
  • Like 7

He has since not replied, despite being online all day and speaking in the OSbot chat (http://puu.sh/hCJyl/a3b00addff.jpg). Apparently, his customers do not deserve a response when dissatisfied. I would like to stress that he has been very unco-operative from the beginning, and seems to feel like because he has given me the server details, that is the end of it. Unfortunately, I don't agree, and feel as though I have been ripped off, as I have paid a premium and not received what I was promised in return.

I am sure the moderators will agree that this is no way to conduct business. As I have spent quite some time filing this dispute, I ask that all that review this do so in a non-bias manner, and put themselves in my shoes, as I have now lost out on $23 and received something utterly worthless to me.

I look forward to you assisting in this dispute.

Thanks,

Swindle.

I AFK in the chatbox while I am at school.

"After loading runescape through the browser and the mirror mode client, it became evident that this VPS was not as advertised. The game was completely unplayable, I would estimate I was receiving around 3fps. It was to the point where even logging in was difficult. When I finally managed to get a script started, it was running at less than 1/5th of its usual capacity, proving that the issue laid with the VPS and was not a problem my end." Dissatisfied, I requested that Muffins attempt to receive a refund from his VPS supplier. He said that he would try, and wrote a one line email to their support team.. The following day when I spoke to him, I was told that there were no refunds given. As he could not receive a refund from them, he would not refund me (despite the VPS being NOT as advertised, and unable to run a mirror client). In my eyes, he should be responsible for refunding me at that point, as it is not my responsibility nor my problem that his supplier co-operates with him. However, I continued to attempt to reason."

Regarding this statement, you basically said "fuck it" when I told you the 2v Core 2GB RAM one was experimental and it would be Laggy (proof can be found in chatbox logs) and you said lets do it, so we did. I then upgraded him to the 4v Core after the 2v Core didn't work.

Video of me running 4v Core Mirror client fine (minor fps drops):

I AFK in the chatbox while I am at school.

That is no excuse to give your customers the silent treatment. Last night I was also idling in the chat box and saw you chatting away to other users just fine, yet you had still not responded to my message ~15 hours after it was sent, despite having 'read it' (displayed on the left hand side of the message) 7hrs after it was sent (IIRC). That is what prompted me to open this dispute.

Regarding this statement, you basically said "fuck it" when I told you the 2v Core 2GB RAM one was experimental and it would be Laggy (proof can be found in chatbox logs) and you said lets do it, so we did. I then upgraded him to the 4v Core after the 2v Core didn't work.

Yes, that is correct. I said 'fuck it' lets test it out. However, this does not change the fact that you were advertising it to me as being able to run a mirror mode, when clearly it was not capable of doing so. It is evident to me that you had not even tested out the products you were selling. It is not fair to treat the people that are paying you money as test dummys.

Video of me running 4v Core Mirror client fine (minor fps drops):

I was going to log into the VPS and create a counter-video to prove that the VPS is in fact NOT fit for purpose. However, it seems that you have changed the password, so I can't even log into 'my' own VPS that I paid you good money for.

39b7efd50f.png

You sent me the original password via OSBot messenger, so I don't know how you can justify changing the password..

Upon further review of your youtube link, it is clear to me that the 'script' that you are running is paused... Correct me if I am wrong but this largely reduces the resource usage of the bot.. Furthermore you are spam clicking the NPCs manually (mouse enabled in top right) to ensure that it stays fighting for the purpose of your video.. I am CERTAIN that this VPS is not capable of running a script for any half decent length of time. 

The fact that you would try to pull the wool over peoples eyes by trying to make it appear like the VPS is fine when a script was not even running.. Is questionable at best. 

666eb76c89.jpg

• Like 3

I was using Valkyr's Autofighter and it was being buggy (not too sure why, possible SDN issues still I suppose) but starting/ending a script has little to no effect on the FPS, you are also running a mirror client in one of the most heavily botted areas (bf) so yes, you should expect lag, as anyone should. Pming you the new password.

Got access to the VPS as muffins pm'd me the new password (No explanation for changing..)

I have recorded a video myself to demonstrate how the VPS performs, sorry it was quite long, I wanted to cover all the bases. Normally a script is able to run, however hardly performs any actions due to the performance. In this instance, I could not get ANY scripts to run, again I put this down to the hugely poor performance.

If a moderator wishes to connect to the VPS themselves to determine who is telling the truth, I would be MORE than happy to forward them the details.

I chose a very normal lumbridge location, as Muffins attempted to attribute the lag to blast furnace where I was initially trying to bot. This should prove that that is not the case.

720p recommended to view text

• Like 2

Got access to the VPS as muffins pm'd me the new password (No explanation for changing..)

I have recorded a video myself to demonstrate how the VPS performs, sorry it was quite long, I wanted to cover all the bases. Normally a script is able to run, however hardly performs any actions due to the performance. In this instance, I could not get ANY scripts to run, again I put this down to the hugely poor performance.

If a moderator wishes to connect to the VPS themselves to determine who is telling the truth, I would be MORE than happy to forward them the details.

I chose a very normal lumbridge location, as Muffins attempted to attribute the lag to blast furnace where I was initially trying to bot. This should prove that that is not the case.

720p recommended to view text

I have asked another staff member to get in touch with you regarding this as I don't have a Runescape account to test with myself and am currently on my phone.

Alright, I tested the VPS.

- It took me like 2minutes to open the on screen keyboard

- I tried to run a script but it was not even able to open the bank due to missclicks caused by the extreme lags

- I also tried it with rs client instead of browser

All in all:

Mirror botting is not possible over the VPS.

I choosed a flawless script to test which I run myself right now.

• Like 5

Alright, I tested the VPS.

- It took me like 2minutes to open the on screen keyboard

- I tried to run a script but it was not even able to open the bank due to missclicks caused by the extreme lags

- I also tried it with rs client instead of browser

All in all:

Mirror botting is not possible over the VPS.

I choosed a flawless script to test which I run myself right now.

Then it's safe to say that @Muffins will have to refund the user and adjust his thread accordingly.

• Like 6