Standard client

xShio

It all depends on how you go about botting. If you get an f2p account fresh off tutorial island and try and bot for 3 hours on a free script it probably won't last long. If you use good breaks and have some quests done on the account with a decent script then you are talking a longer life span for the account. It is never 100% safe but i would HIGHLY recommend you look into the mirror client it is a worthwhile investment and will result in a significantly lower ban rate from the results we have seen. You can read about it here - http://osbot.org/forum/topic/66338-reducing-banning-rates-behind-the-scenes-at-osbot-27-febuary-2015/

I used standard client for a loong time because I didn't have enough money to buy vip. I managed to get 99 fletching,99 cooking on mirror using free scripts and 99 hunter using FrostHunter(paid script), but I basically babysat right by my computer and added random inputs every few minutes while I was doing something else. I recently just got vip and mirror and have been botting czar without even having to be sitting right next to my computer.

Your choice. Bot smart=any client works

I used standard client for a loong time because I didn't have enough money to buy vip. I managed to get 99 fletching,99 cooking on mirror using free scripts and 99 hunter using FrostHunter(paid script), but I basically babysat right by my computer and added random inputs every few minutes while I was doing something else. I recently just got vip and mirror and have been botting czar without even having to be sitting right next to my computer.

Your choice. Bot smart=any client works

Agreed