Changing IP address (I need help)

Jeinks

Doesn't have to be for 30 minutes, you may be able to just turn it off or reset it and it can change. 

You can tell by typing "My ip" in your web browser and see if it changed.  If not you may have a static ip which you are unable to change.

If you ring up you're internet service provider they might be able to change you're ip but in most cases they can't if you have a static ip unless you change you internet plan.

Edited by Aye

Does shutting off my modem for 30 mins really change my IP?

No it does not, it depends if you have a static IP or a Dynamic IP. Static IP's cannot be changed unless you change service providers. Dynamic IP's can be changed in many ways such as turning off modem I believe for 24 hours not to sure, but you can also do it through you computers CMD the command would be: 

You could use the ipconfig release and renew commands, but chances are you're just going to get your old IP address back, especially if you are behind a router or static IP. 

Why would you want to do this anyway out of curiosity? The answer might help you get better ideas

No it does not, it depends if you have a static IP or a Dynamic IP. Static IP's cannot be changed unless you change service providers. Dynamic IP's can be changed in many ways such as turning off modem I believe for 24 hours not to sure, but you can also do it through you computers CMD the command would be: 

You could use the ipconfig release and renew commands, but chances are you're just going to get your old IP address back, especially if you are behind a router or static IP. 

Why would you want to do this anyway out of curiosity? The answer might help you get better ideas

I want to do this because 2 of my f2p bots were banned for botting and I don't want my ip to be flagged

Not always, I'd have to shut off my router and moden for a week for my ip to change.(You could call your isp to change it though) It'd be best just to delete your random.dat, jagex cache, and get a proxy. (and don't bot f2p tongue.png)

here in america, at least to my knowledge we all have static IPs

Typcially most people have dynammic IPs, as static IPs cost more

Edited by Fade

How can I tell if I have a static or dynamic?

Static and Dynamic IP depend solemnly on location and or how many IP's your provider has to be released. Usually if you live in an apartment complex or motel-hotel your IP will be Dynamic as if you stay in a house in the middle of nowhere your IP will be static. It depends on the provider as well as placement-location. 

If it's Dynamic you can change it by unpluging your router for a minute then plug it back in and wait for it to boot up. If it's static you can't chage it easily but could call up your ISP and see what they could do for you. You can check for changes in your IP  by googling my IP and record result before and after. GL :)

• 3 months later...

I have Cox Cable as my internet provider and I live in the US. I just unplugged my modem for 5-10 minutes and when I turned it back on my IP address changed. Only the last number of my ip changed and it changed from 5 to 6. I don't know if that little of a change to the ip makes it so that you have a different ip in jagex's concern.