Block or star-out all links to any runescape website

Paczeh

This is important, I remember people on rsbuddy who believe their accounts were flagged after visiting the runscape homepage from a link on rsbuddy. These people, who had botted for weeks on end without being banned, were banned just days after visiting the link. Some people may say it's crazy but I know it happens, and it's just safe not to click them.

NEVER, and I mean NEVER, click a link to the runescape home page from a botting site. Every link which gets embedded in a website has a kind of referral thing in it (Can't remember what it's called exactly) so when you click a link, the linked site can see which site you came from, which is good for advertising, market research, etc.

Jagex can find out who has been clicking runescape links and from what website. They can then check for IPs which arrived from a botting site, link that with the IP of an account, and flag your account (Basically they become suspicious and will have more evidence of you botting), or even ban you.

If you must link to runescape in a thread, make a break in the text so the person has to copy and paste, then edit the text.

e.g oldschool(dot)runescape(dot)com, or oldschool. runescape. com

I'm sure someone who owns a cpanel website or knows a bit about it can confirm that this is possible.

Be safe neighbourinos.

You're talking about the "HTTP referer"

HTTP referer (originally a misspelling of referrer) is an HTTP header field that identifies the address of the webpage (i.e. the URI or IRI) that linked to the resource being requested. By checking the referer, the new webpage can see where the request originated.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referer

You're talking about the "HTTP referer"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referer

Yeah that's the one

If something is done about this, then I recommend using an anonymous referer service like anonym.to or hide my ass's anonymous referrer service instead of removing or censoring the link.

Yeah that's true. It would be easier just to block the links and just have people put "Go to the Runescape homepage" instead. Plus accounts that come through anonymous services might look suspicious (Or not, I don't actually know).

This is important, I remember people on rsbuddy who believe their accounts were flagged after visiting the runscape homepage from a link on rsbuddy. These people, who had botted for weeks on end without being banned, were banned just days after visiting the link. Some people may say it's crazy but I know it happens, and it's just safe not to click them.

NEVER, and I mean NEVER, click a link to the runescape home page from a botting site. Every link which gets embedded in a website has a kind of referral thing in it (Can't remember what it's called exactly) so when you click a link, the linked site can see which site you came from, which is good for advertising, market research, etc.

Jagex can find out who has been clicking runescape links and from what website. They can then check for IPs which arrived from a botting site, link that with the IP of an account, and flag your account (Basically they become suspicious and will have more evidence of you botting), or even ban you.

If you must link to runescape in a thread, make a break in the text so the person has to copy and paste, then edit the text.

e.g oldschool(dot)runescape(dot)com, or oldschool. runescape. com

I'm sure someone who owns a cpanel website or knows a bit about it can confirm that this is possible.

Be safe neighbourinos.

That is why in my experience you should always use code tags to enclose any links that you post. When you "Open in new Tab" via this method there is no referral.