Do VPS providers allow the use of OSBot?

Higgings

I want to buy a VPS to run a few OSBot scripts, but I'm not sure if the provider allows this and stop my service for some reason.

A provider I'm looking at doesn't allow any illegal content, does that rule botting out?

Another provider that caught my eye doesn't allow any game servers, which I doubt OSBot falls under?

So I'm just looking for some friendly advice on what to watch out for.

Thanks!

PS -  If this is in the wrong section could it please be moved? (Sorry)

All providers should allow you to play runescape on them, they are probably not aware that runescape botting is an illegal software. I have never heard of anyone having problems with it usually the only way your server would be taken offline is if they notice you are using some sort of email spamming script other than that nope. Besides you are not breaking the VPS's service rules you are breaking jagex rules. 

Edited by EasyGoldStop

All providers should allow you to play runescape on them, they are probably not aware that runescape botting is an illegal software. I have never heard of anyone having problems with it usually the only way your server would be taken offline is if they notice you are using some sort of email spamming script other than that nope. Besides you are not breaking the VPS's service rules you are breaking jagex rules. 

Some VPS' providers don't allow it because of the huge cpu usage that comes with botting.

Botting isn't illegal by law, just goes against the game makers ToS - Illegal by law in their game setting, if you know what I mean.

If it says illegal by law - I'm sure it's referring to actual, world law, in which case, it's not illegal.

If it says illegal by manufacturer or something of that sort, then yes, botting is considered illegal.

• Like 3

Botting isn't illegal by law, just goes against the game makers ToS - Illegal by law in their game setting, if you know what I mean.

If it says illegal by law - I'm sure it's referring to actual, world law, in which case, it's not illegal.

If it says illegal by manufacturer or something of that sort, then yes, botting is considered illegal.

I could not have said it better!

I want to buy a VPS to run a few OSBot scripts, but I'm not sure if the provider allows this and stop my service for some reason.

A provider I'm looking at doesn't allow any illegal content, does that rule botting out?

Another provider that caught my eye doesn't allow any game servers, which I doubt OSBot falls under?

So I'm just looking for some friendly advice on what to watch out for.

Thanks!

PS -  If this is in the wrong section could it please be moved? (Sorry)

I wouldn't worry too much about it, botting isn't illegal on vps', its just against the rules of runescape.

Also osbot is not a gameserver, a gameserver is something you host.

Edited by HeroicRambo

Some VPS' providers don't allow it because of the huge cpu usage that comes with botting.

Then you just need to adjust your bandwidth and space on the VPS, as long as you are using your proper amount of resources there should not be a problem.