SOTW 28

Dex

Signature Of The Week #28

Theme : Easter

How it will happen : Submit your signature to me through private message with the subject (SOTW 28).You have until the day of voting to submit your signature.
Please put the title of the Pm "SOTW 28"
Submit your entries before 11 April 2015

Basic rules :

• Do not include any kind of name that will give away which signature is yours
  • Do not ask for people to vote for you
  • If you say or hint at which one is yours, you will be disqualified for that week and the next week.
  • If asked to provide proof that you made the image, provide it.
  • Flaming and/or ripping will result in a disqualification.

Send your entries to: @Dex

General rules and rewards can be found here.

Everyone, feel free to participate to keep the SOTW alive!
Goodluck to all the participants!

• Like 3

This is a common misconception a lot of people has when hosting sotws, most think once they slap a theme in mind, they post the thread, every artist will come flocking to participate. It's fine when you have a very big community with your artists, then you can make leeway to just  sub par ideas to make as a theme-- because hey it's in season. But if you're trying to open a community like this to engage all your creatives, you HAVE to be creative yourself as well. Put thought into the theme, put creativity in your thread, find ways to challenge designers, there's NOTHING more motivating for artists than seeing other artists flaunt their work. It challenges them to do better, to learn more. I know this may be a tad off-topic, but perhaps a little bit of constructive criticism would help.

Don't just expect artists to join, motivate them to join.

This is a common misconception a lot of people has when hosting sotws, most think once they slap a theme in mind, they post the thread, every artist will come flocking to participate. It's fine when you have a very big community with your artists, then you can make leeway to just  sub par ideas to make as a theme-- because hey it's in season. But if you're trying to open a community like this to engage all your creatives, you HAVE to be creative yourself as well. Put thought into the theme, put creativity in your thread, find ways to challenge designers, there's NOTHING more motivating for artists than seeing other artists flaunt their work. It challenges them to do better, to learn more. I know this may be a tad off-topic, but perhaps a little bit of constructive criticism would help.

Don't just expect artists to join, motivate them to join.

I've been hosting the SOTW for a long time now. And yes, the easter might have been a theme I slapped on because it was easter. But it hasn't been proven to be a success either when I asked people for theme suggestions before. There's just not enough interest and because of that I couldn't put in prizes like VIP or other things, there also used to be a designer point system which was taken out because the graphics section simply wasn't active enough. So yes, I've tried plenty of things to motivate people without success so far. Please leave me and my creativity out of this before you get your facts straight. The things you just mentioned are general facts that I was aware of myself, if you happen to have any good or more in-depth suggestions, feel free to PM me them.

• Like 1