How many bots could I run on this system?

Zelnorm

I need your advice, how many osbot clients do you think this set up would run?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LPRh8d

That is not a good build, namely because of the CPU.

First off the cooler will not handle the FX-9590 simply due to the fact that it draws ~250w alone and NEEDS a high end liquid cooling unit to keep it adequately cooled.

That motherboard isn't rated for the disgusting 220w power draw required for that CPU either, meaning you'll likely end up with a VERY hot or dead motherboard.

Really though, change that CPU to a sensible option, because there are literally thousands out there that make more sense.

• Like 2

First off the cooler will not handle the FX-9590 simply due to the fact that it draws ~250w alone and NEEDS a high end liquid cooling unit to keep it adequately cooled.

That motherboard isn't rated for the disgusting 220w power draw required for that CPU either, meaning you'll likely end up with a VERY hot or dead motherboard.

Really though, change that CPU to a sensible option, because there are literally thousands out there that make more sense.

What would be your set up if money was no object and you want to run as many clients as possible?

In terms of raw power to performance, isn't this is one of the best CPU's out there? I know It does need good cooling though but not high end liquid cooling right?

What would be your set up if money was no object and you want to run as many clients as possible?

I'll re-do your build in a ~ 20 minutes.

In terms of raw power to performance, isn't this is one of the best CPU's out there? I know It does need good cooling though but not high end liquid cooling right?

The FX-8350 is, the FX-9590 costs more than the intel equivalent simply because you pay more for cooling and a durable enough motherboard for it.

The FX-9590 is actually terrible for performance, it's a highly cherry-picked FX-8350 (they're literally the same chip) with different clock speeds and a LOT more voltage.

• Like 1

I'll re-do your build in a ~ 20 minutes.

The FX-8350 is, the FX-9590 costs more than the intel equivalent simply because you pay more for cooling and a durable enough motherboard for it.

The FX-9590 is actually terrible for performance, it's a highly cherry-picked FX-8350 (they're literally the same chip) with different clock speeds and a LOT more voltage.

oh right. Thanks for the info!

Upon further clarification ^, I can say you better provide a budget because I can easily list a build that's ridiculously expensive and truly catered to botting.

Also, since you said it's for running as many bots as possible, why do you have a GTX 970 in the aforementioned build?

Edited by TwitchFast

Upon further clarification ^, I can say you better provide a budget because I can easily list a build that's ridiculously expensive and truly catered to botting.

Also, since you said it's for running as many bots as possible, why do you have a GTX 970 in the aforementioned build?

1. Could you do two? one at around $600 and another $1000-$1200

2. Because I'm a total computing noob.