Anne

Scoliosis

Anyone who suffers from scoliosis?

Got diagnosed about 2-3 years ago because I went to the hospital for daily backache.

It was my lower back that hurted so much. The first thing the doctor said was that I don't walk with a good position. My shoulders were bent towards the floor instead of straight up. I wear a back bandage everyday now. She then showed my the scans of my back and said I have scoliosis. I asked her what I could do about the pain and she just said I should take pain killers. Everyday I still need to take these when the pain is just too much. I'm only 17 and already restricted for sport activities,... Also standing up for a long time or sitting down hurts too.

Going out ? Better take some pain killers.

Walking all day long? Dont even think about it.

It's a horrible life tbh. I can knack my back which is pretty loud about 6 times a day. The pain is better then but I was wondering if there are people here who have scoliosis too with lower back pain?

If so; what do you do? How do you stop it from taking over your life?

Anyone who suffers from scoliosis?

Got diagnosed about 2-3 years ago because I went to the hospital for daily backache.

It was my lower back that hurted so much. The first thing the doctor said was that I don't walk with a good position. My shoulders were bent towards the floor instead of straight up. I wear a back bandage everyday now. She then showed my the scans of my back and said I have scoliosis. I asked her what I could do about the pain and she just said I should take pain killers. Everyday I still need to take these when the pain is just too much. I'm only 17 and already restricted for sport activities,... Also standing up for a long time or sitting down hurts too.

Going out ? Better take some pain killers.

Walking all day long? Dont even think about it.

It's a horrible life tbh. I can knack my back which is pretty loud about 6 times a day. The pain is better than but I was wondering if there are people here who have scoliosis too with lower back pain?

If so; what do you do? How do you stop it from taking over your life?

Time to get a new computer chair, I suffer from it also painkillers is best for it although there is a treatment for it you would need to visit a chiropractor though. 

Probably nothing like what you have but i used to get terrible pain in my lower back and my pelvis actually shifted to one side slightly when i was around 15 and had to be cracked back into place (No fun at all). All of this was due to the way i walked, as i see you are struggling with the pain when you are walking all day i actually got some insoles from a physiotherapist which forced me to alter the way i walked. Something so simple helped me, i hope you find something to ease the pain ^_^

I don't understand why the doctor told you just to take painkillers. If you have scoliosis, you need to get rid of it. First, start going to special massages. Second, start going to the pool. And of course you need to wear a special belt. At first, you will have discomfort so you can drink painkillers, but not on a regular basis, as you thus strongly plant your liver. I am very familiar with this problem, as my aunt also had scoliosis. And all I know about it, said these guys proinversiontherapy.com for my aunt.

6 minutes ago, ZoeSkinner said:

I don't understand why the doctor told you just to take painkillers. If you have scoliosis, you need to get rid of it. First, start going to special massages. Second, start going to the pool. And of course you need to wear a special belt. At first, you will have discomfort so you can drink painkillers, but not on a regular basis, as you thus strongly plant your liver. I am very familiar with this problem, as my aunt also had scoliosis. And all I know about it, said these guys proinversiontherapy.com for my aunt.

Holy gravedig