Using proxy with mirror client

HeroicRambo

Can a vpn make different programs run different proxies? Or like just one program.

Because I know I can activate VPN for my pc, but I would like to only enable it for one mirrorclient.

Usually everything you do goes through the VPN. You could route only a specific program through the VPN with your firewall but it's not easy. Personally I would activate the VPN for the whole machine or run the bot inside a VM & activate the VPN for that VM. I suppose you could also find a traditional SOCKS proxy and trick some existing client (OSBuddy?) to use it through command line parameters but I'm not sure.

Run a VPS mirror does not support yet I don't really think it should to be honest.

Why do you think it's a good idea to make mirror client not support proxies, wtf?

Ofcourse it should support proxies.

I use a vpn instead

Scroll up and read why I don't like this.

Edited by HeroicRambo

Why do you think it's a good idea to make mirror client not support proxies, wtf?

Well simply for the reputation of the mirror client, when people start using proxies and getting banned them users start questioning weather it is the client or the proxy that is getting their accounts banned. Which turns into a whole shit load of canned beans. Would make it a lot easier for those users who are looking to run bot farms but for us simple users who only need to bot lets see our main account safely or 1 account here and there the mirror client is perfect for us flawless actually in every aspect, but I see how supporting proxies could be beneficial I guess im just not into all the drama that come after supporting them.

Well simply for the reputation of the mirror client, when people start using proxies and getting banned them users start questioning weather it is the client or the proxy that is getting their accounts banned. Which turns into a whole shit load of canned beans. Would make it a lot easier for those users who are looking to run bot farms but for us simple users who only need to bot lets see our main account safely or 1 account here and there the mirror client is perfect for us flawless actually in every aspect, but I see how supporting proxies could be beneficial I guess im just not into all the drama that come after supporting them.

What a bunch of bullshit. First of all you should never bot on your main, or any account you care about. Users already question whether it's the client or the proxy that's getting em banned, and it doesn't matter. It's NEVER a good idea to leave features out just because you are better off without... You shouldn't be forced to use a VPS, what's your logic in this, do you think new users are attracted to this? Osbot is still competing with other bots remember...

Edited by HeroicRambo

What a bunch of bullshit. First of all you should never bot on your main, or any account you care about. Users already question whether it's the client or the proxy that's getting em banned, and it doesn't matter. It's NEVER a good idea to leave features out just because you are better off without... You shouldn't be forced to use a VPS, what's your logic in this, do you think new users are attracted to this? Osbot is still competing with other bots remember...

You ask me why then question my logic. 

Ofcourse it should support proxies.

I agree that it should support proxies. However, IMO it's very understandable it doesn't because that's kind of how the mirror mode is designed to work. It's stealth because you're essentially playing with a "real client" (instead of OSBot) so if you wanted to use a proxy, you would obviously configure the real client to use the proxy. It doesn't matter how you configure OSBot because when using mirror mode it's not OSBot communicating to the Jagex servers. But none of the real clients officially support proxies because proxies are mostly used for botting. I don't know if there's a straightforward way to implement proxies for mirror mode, I assume you'd have to tamper with the piggybacked real client somehow. Could it make mirror mode less stealthy? Perhaps.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by GSC

I agree that it should support proxies. However, IMO it's very understandable it doesn't because that's kind of how the mirror mode is designed to work. It's stealth because you're essentially playing with a "real client" (instead of OSBot) so if you wanted to use a proxy, you would obviously configure the real client to use the proxy. It doesn't matter how you configure OSBot because when using mirror mode it's not OSBot communicating to the Jagex servers. But none of the real clients officially support proxies because proxies are mostly used for botting. I don't know if there's a straightforward way to implement proxies for mirror mode, I assume you'd have to tamper with the piggybacked real client somehow. Could it make mirror mode less stealthy? Perhaps.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I already thought so too, just needed some confirmation thanks :P

Now the question is how am I going to use a proxy on the OSRS client, right now I'm using a VPN on my other PC but if it's possible to just proxy/vpn one application that would be great and I wouldn't have to use walk to my other pc. :)

I did set up a proxy in maxthon cloud browser.

If you want to have more then 2 Ip's just get other browsers and setup a proxy there. 

Botting 5 Accounts 12/7 for 1 Month now. No Bans.

If you have a proxy and need help to set it up feel free to pm me.

Edited by Slawa

I already thought so too, just needed some confirmation thanks tongue.png

Now the question is how am I going to use a proxy on the OSRS client, right now I'm using a VPN on my other PC but if it's possible to just proxy/vpn one application that would be great and I wouldn't have to use walk to my other pc. smile.png

In my opinion, the simplest way would be to have a virtual machine (i.e. Virtualbox/VMWare/VirtualPC with Windows) which you would run your OSBot + OSRS client on and then configure the virtual machine to use the VPN. It adds some overhead and is a little bit of hassle to set up but it should work just fine. At least you would be able to control the bot without walking to your other PC.

Without running a virtual machine, I don't really know how you would configure the VPN just for a single application. It should be possible with the proper firewall settings but I have never done it (relevant answers: http://superuser.com/questions/294008/use-vpn-connection-only-for-selected-application). Another way would be to try and see if the OSRS client will accept proxy settings through command line options but I have personally never tried it either (some relevant answers: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/120797/how-do-i-set-the-proxy-to-be-used-by-the-jvm). Note that this method would need a normal (SOCKS) proxy, not VPN.

EDIT: You can also try what Slawa said. I'm not sure if it's enough to just configure the proxy for the browser, though. The browser will use the proxy for sure but I'm not sure if the Java applications will. So if you're not careful, you could leak your real IP out and the proxy would be of no use. But I don't really know, maybe Slawa has tested it out. If it works like it should, it's probably the simplest way.

Edited by GSC